Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The African Technology Policy Studies Network (ATPS) is a leading Pan-African transdisciplinary network of researchers, policymakers, private sector actors and the civil society actors that promotes the generation, dissemination, use and masteryof science, technology and
innovation (STI) for Africa’s development, environmental sustainability and global inclusion. In collaboration with like-minded institutions, ATPS provides platforms for regional and international research and knowledge sharing to build Africa’s capabilities in STI policy research,
policymaking and implementation for sustainable development. We work through national chapters located in 30 countries (27 in Africa and 3 in the Diaspora including Australia, United Kingdom and the United States of America). Our Headquarters is located in Nairobi, Kenya where we enjoy the Diplomatic privileges accorded other United Nations and International Organizations based in Kenya. The ATPS Mission is to improve the quality of STI systems research, policy and practice by strengthening the capacity for STI knowledge generation, dissemination, and use for sustainable development in Africa. The Overall Objective is to build Africa’s capabilities in science, technology and innovation for sustainable development and
global inclusion. The ATPS Phase VIII Strategic Plan, 2017-2022 identifies four thematic priority areas of intervention namely: Agriculture, food and nutrition; Energy; Climate change and
environment; and Health innovations. The Strategic Plan also identifies five cross-cutting programmatic priority areas namely: STI policy research, policymaking and advocacy; Training, sensitization and capacity building; Youth and gender empowerment; Knowledge
brokerage, management and commercialization; and Intra-Africa and global collaboration.
ATPS has over 5,000 network members and 3,000 stakeholders in over 51 countries in 5 continents with institutional partnerships worldwide.
ATPS is seeking to recruit a wide range of skilled personnel to be based at its Secretariat in Nairobi, Kenya to support the implementation of its new programmes and projects. These positions in their different categories and the accompanying requirements are described below.
A young and dynamic Postdoctoral Research Officer that will support our new programmes on Artificial Intelligence for development in Africa (AI4D Africa Program) as well as the translation of innovative research programmes into policies and products (for commercialization and job creation) for overall sustainable development on the continent.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership in research, capacity building, and research translation into policies and innovative products with the ATPS stakeholders;
- In partnership with the research team, develop proposals in relevant STI fields to fundraise for ATPS programmes and projects up to a minimum of USD1, 000,000 per annum;
- Support the research team in the implementation of ATPS projects and specifically a new grant on Artificial Intelligence for Agriculture and Food Systems Innovation Research Network in Africa
- Contribute to the strategic guidance of Artificial Intelligence for Development in Africa (AI4D Africa) program.
- Assist in planning and running network workshops and other network support activities designed to collectively tackle common issues and/or facilitate cross-project collaboration
- Participate in the training of ATPS stakeholders including researchers, policymakers, private sector actors, science journalists, extension agents, farmers, etc.
- Provide leadership in research designs, field work, data collection and analyses, research syntheses, policy engagements, publications, as well as in monitoring, evaluation, reporting and learning.
Delegation of Responsibilities for this position:
- 50% time to be spent in research and program activities
- 50% time to be spent in fundraising activities
Required skills and qualifications:
· A PhD Degree in Science, Technology and Innovation Studies, Research and Development Studies, Agricultural and Bioscience Engineering, Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, or related disciplines;
· At least three years’ experience in data management and analytics, engineering for development, research and development fields, policy research in science, technology and innovation fields in a similar international organization;
· Demonstrable capacity and ability to fundraise and manage knowledge networks;
· Have strong analytical skills- Experience in analysis of quantitative and qualitative data;
· Proven work experience working with young people, women and the vulnerable on empowerment programmes that create job opportunities and employability.
· Demonstrated experience in programme coordination and project management;
· The capacity to speak English and French will be an added advantage.
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
· Have strong interpersonal skills and a good team player; and
· Ability to work with limited supervision and meet deadlines.
· Good research leadership characteristics
· A Self-starter with a strong desire to learn and lead
· Strong interpersonal skills and a good team player
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
· Willingness to travel a lot to other countries
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send an application letter stating their motivation for the job and a detailed curriculum vitae with at least three (3) referees to email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for the submission of application is on Wednesday, 22 September 2021. Use the job title “Postdoctoral Research Officer” as the subject of your email when submitting your applications.