Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
PEPFAR | USAID | CHAK
USAID Jamii Tekelezi Program
Job advertisement: Service Delivery Advisor, Care & Treatment
CHAK is a national Faith Based health service delivery and program organization of the Protestant Churches in Kenya established in 1946 with presence in 45 counties in Kenya.
CHAK has emerged as a market leader and driver in HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs in Kenya, working collaboratively with the national and the county governments to improve access to quality prevention and service delivery and to catalyze strengthening of county health systems and community health networks, fostering greater sustainability and self-reliance.
CHAK is seeking competent, experienced, and highly skilled professionals as Service Delivery Advisor, Care & Treatment to lead in the USAID Jamii Tekelezi Program 5-year HIV Prevention, care and treatment project in Upper Eastern Counties of Embu, Meru, Tharaka Nithi and Nyandarua.
The successful candidates are expected to drive the project to achieve its objectives and to act as change agents supporting a culture of performance and accountability within the project counties.
The program will provide technical assistance/mentorship and direct implementation of comprehensive, evidence-based, and tailored HIV and TB prevention, care, support, and treatment interventions in established health facilities.
The job holder will champion use of evidence–based interventions along the continuum of HIV care services by guiding adherence to the principles of continuous quality improvement through use of data e.g., MER indicators, MPRs and SIMS reports.
The position will be based in Meru.
Reporting to the Deputy Chief of Party, this position will:
- Work closely with the DCOP to ensure standardization of HIV/TB care, treatment, and prevention services (HTS, PMTCT) across all the project supported sites.
- Provide leadership to HIV care and treatment service delivery integration activity design, planning, and implementation.
- Ensure the development and implementation of the minimum packages of care for HTS/PMTCT/TB/HIV Care and Treatment across all supported sites, in line with the National program.
- Providing day-to-day contact to provide technical assistance to each cluster teams on HIV care & treatment and TB activities to establish and strengthen implementation of integrated and comprehensive HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment and TB activities at each supported site, improve quality of services and monitor progress towards achievement project objectives.
- Participate and oversee the development and implementation of integrated project work plans.
- Represent the project in PEPFAR funded activities with USAID, PEPFAR, and other implementing partners.
- Provide targeted mentorship and supportive supervision at the project’s supported facilities.
- Supervise and/or mentor select technical and programmatic staff.
- Ensure achievement of all project deliverables including quarterly and annual PEPFAR targets.
- Work closely with the MEL team to ensure timely quarterly and annual reporting of HTS/PMTCT/TB/HIV care and treatment achievements.
- Participate and contribute to the Regional Technical Working Groups (HTS/ PMTCT/TB/HIV Care and Treatment), selected national TWGs and ensure National initiatives are implemented at the supported facilities, as needed.
- With the respective Program Officers at the County, Sub County and Sub Grantees, coordinate the project’s implementation of HTS/PMTCT/TB/HIV Care and Treatment activities in line with the National HIV program.
- Medical Doctor with Advanced Degree in Medicine (M. Med) or Public Health; with at least 3 years’; or Clinical Officer with a master’s degree in public health, epidemiology or equivalent, with at least 5 years demonstrated experience clinical experience in HIV care and treatment programs
- Demonstrated technical leadership in integrated HIV programming
- A minimum of five years’ experience in PEPFAR funded programming.
- Experience working with County and Sub County teams as well as representation in HIV national forums in Kenya.
- Proven management skills and a research background will be an added advantage.
- Technical understanding of quality and quality improvement with experience in implementing the same in a large HIV Program.
How to Apply
Applications with detailed Resume, Cover Letter including the names and contacts of 3 referees should be sent to CHAK Secretariat by post or Email using the contacts below.
The General Secretary
P.O. Box 30690 – 00100 GPO
Tel. (020)4441920 / 0733-334419
The closing date for receiving all applications is 30th September 2021.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Disclaimer: Applicants are advised that Christian Health Association of Kenya neither requires applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process nor has it retained any agent in connection with recruitment.