Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Introduction: DSW Kenya is a non-governmental organisation registered in Kenya as one of the East African country offices of Deutsche Stiftung Weltbevölkerung (DSW), a global development organisation founded and headquartered in Germany.
DSW Kenya focuses on the needs and potential of the largest youth generation in history.
We are committed to creating demand for and access to health information, services and supplies for the youth, and to securing their right for a brighter future.
We achieve this by engaging in advocacy, capacity development, and family planning initiatives, which makes sure the youth of today, are empowered to lead healthy and self-determined lives.
Established in May 2000, DSW Kenya has its headquarters in Nairobi with additional offices in Mombasa and Kitale and active programme interventions in 14 counties.
DSW seeks to recruit a Regional Project Manager, Advocacy.
Place of Work: Nairobi, Kenya.
Reporting to: Head of Advocacy Department, Berlin.
General areas of responsibility: The Regional Project Manager Advocacy is responsible for successfully managing cross-country advocacy grants, which focus on advocacy for improved Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights for young people.
She/he will be providing oversight and technical guidance to the budget analysis process and expenditure studies in several locations, and be responsible for sustainably managing a cross-country youth advocacy programme.
The Regional Project Manager is responsible for the timely implementation of work plans and submission of high standard narrative and financial reports in line with donor requirements.
He / She will be coordinating the regional team, putting a special focus on maintaining and further developing the strong expertise on health budget analysis and youth advocacy, while further developing the portfolio in line with the DSW strategy.
- Coordinate the project-related work of project management staff in east Africa and supervise the delivery of project results and outputs to the required standard of quality especially on health budget analysis and youth advocacy.
- Work with DSW resource mobilization team to identify interested donors and support proposal development for financial sustainability of the regional work.
- Control of project budget and supervision of costed work plans and reporting, including by collaborating with DSW’s finance team.
- Supervise the Regional Advocacy Officer, Youth Engagement Officer and Regional M&E Officer.
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of donor reports, including by collaborating with DSW’s M& E team.
- Maintain good relationships with external stakeholders, such as partner CSOs and donors in collaboration with the Head of Advocacy Department,
- Support and advise Country Directors and senior project staff through regular project planning and review of work plans.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Minimum Requirements and Experience
- Master’s degree in social sciences, development studies, project management or related field.
- At least five (5) years relevant work experience, three (3) of which should be in management (an international/intercultural context).
- Business fluent written and oral English.
- Proof of ability to coordinate a project teams based in different countries, and proven skills in project management, financial management, quality assurance, report writing and donor relations.
- Good knowledge of and experience in budget analysis.
- Experience in youth work, preferably youth advocacy.
- Good knowledge of sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Knowledge of advocacy methods and approaches in different national contexts.
- Experience in resource mobilization.
- Experience in consumer studies/market research is an additional asset.
- Strong, persuasive oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel regularly within Africa and occasionally to Europe.
- Supportive of DSW’s mission, vision, and core values.
How to Apply
If interested, please send your application (CV and motivation letter stating your current and expected salary) with the reference “Regional Project Manager Advocacy” clearly indicated in the email subject line to: email@example.com
Deadline for application: September 30, 2021 COB.
Applications received after the above deadline will not be considered.
Ideal start date: Immediate.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This position is open to persons who are Kenyan Citizens or those with the right to work in Kenya. Incomplete applications will not be considered. DSW is an equal opportunity employer and does not require applicants to pay money at any stage during the recruitment process.