Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Opportunity: Global Web Editor
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral, and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi coordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania, and Djibouti.
Overall Responsibility: The Global Web Editor will be responsible to curate, edit and generate timely and compelling content for ICRC’s English-language website, working with communications experts worldwide to ensure it is responsive and optimized.
The ideal candidate will be highly familiar with the digital media industry. He/She will be an all-around communicator with sound news judgment, great writing skills, and a passion for storytelling.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the creation and publishing of content for the ICRC’s English website in coordination with HQ web team, editing to ensure it is optimized for search, in line with agreed content priorities and together with SEO experts;
- Ensures the website reflects the organisation’s global editorial priorities and works with content creators across the ICRC network to curate relevant and timely web content;
- Uses analytics to identify and understand behavioral trends, coordinating with digital marketers on promotion rollout to ensure search positioning of the ICRC on key contexts, themes and issues. Research for new keywords in line with our institutional priorities in order to increase traffic to website, copyediting, and proofreading where necessary;
- Create high-quality, engaging web content to ensure homepage relevance for both daily and longer-term editorial priorities. This includes monitoring daily trends and conversations (on social and media), identifying opportunities to create content, and drive ICRC messaging around key topics;
- Develop web content for global campaigns on key ICRC themes, in liaison with thematic leads, creative agencies and external stakeholders and coordinating with a range of internal stakeholders;
- In coordination with the HQ teams provide strategic advice on how to realize their web content and engagement objectives, and implementation of that advice. This includes creating new pages and performing page updates, advice and support on stand-alone web projects;
- Regularly support and communicate with digital counterparts in HQ and Regional Communication Centers, to share and provide feedback on global trends and content performance;
- Coordinates with communications colleagues responsible for other website languages to ensure smooth translation of priority stories.
Minimum Requirements and Competencies
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or journalism, preferably with a digital background and specialization (managing website, social media platforms, video projects, etc.);
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in digital communication;
- Expertise in writing and editing on the website;
- Must have an advanced level of both spoken and written English language. French definite asset;
- Skilled computer user of web publishing (content management systems, including Drupal and/or WordPress) and design tools (PhotoShop);
- Sound understanding/expertise in search engine optimization, analytics, tools, and metrics;
- Certificate of Good Conduct.
The interested candidates should fill up a form by clicking the link below on or before 30th September 2021 at 4:30 pm then submit their CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas, Degree etc), and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Nairobi Delegation, HR Department via the email address provided below:
– E-mail: email@example.com
The reference Global Web Editor must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not fill out the required information as per the link provided or clearly state the position for which you are applying and attach the required certificates & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants must have the permanent right to work in Kenya.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.
ICRC is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.