Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About Kibanda Topup
Kibanda Topup is a venture-backed technology company currently operating in Kenya and Nigeria. Our mission is to increase restaurant contribution to Africa’s GDP. From forecasting capabilities to last-mile deliveries, we are building tools that enable small and medium restaurants to access affordable fresh and dry products. Restaurants need more than an efficient supply chain and we envision a world where the average African restaurant has access to digital and financial tools needed to grow and thrive.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Sales, this role will be responsible for managing and overseeing the profitability of the business by acquiring and developing long term sales goals of hotels, restaurants, cafes and institutions. In detail you will;
- Manage the HoReCa sales representative while keeping the motivation level high by having the right professional positive attitude.
- Manage the sales of all company products to hotels, restaurants, cafes and institutions – dry and fresh.
- Train new HoReCa sales staff and providing coaching lessons along with market visits.
- Prepare valuable analysis to provide focus on the growth of the business and identify the reasons for any de-growth in the business.
- Focus on enhancing the existing business and target new potential customers to develop the business.
- Be involved in the company’s interdepartmental meetings with Supply Chain, Products, Finance, Marketing & Operations departments etc.
- Monitor competitor’s activities in the market and counter it by proposing necessary measures and attractive proposals to our clients so that our competitors may not take over our market share.
- Follow up with customers for payment collections from the market as per the company’s agreed credit terms and coordinating with the Finance Department.
- Develop long term relationships with clients through managing and interpreting their requirements
- Responsible for the overall execution of Modern trade strategy in all regions and accounts.
- Operate as the primary point of contact for key account stakeholders
- Prepare and guarantee monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts
Who you are
- 5 years experience within FMCG with 3 – 5 years experience in HoReCa Industry in Kenya
- Ideal candidate should have experience in both Account Management, Field Sales Management and Trade Marketing experience
- Ability to own a sales number with proven ability to meet and exceed sales quotas
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite and G-Suite
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Good knowledge of Nairobi market and the modern trade retail landscape
- Energetic and aggressive with personal selling experience with a wide sales network
Why Kibanda Topup
We are venture-backed and growing fast. We launched less than 6-months ago and we are already serving thousands of restaurants monthly. You get an opportunity to jump onto the rocket ship near the ground floor. We believe that:
- Our team should grow as fast as the company. If you do well, you will have every opportunity to rocketship your career
- If we win, our team should win. Company shares are a key part of the compensation for all mid-senior hires
- Speed is a Virtue. We make decisions quickly and are not afraid of failing. We prioritize learning by doing
- Everyone is an owner of their work. We do not micromanage, only challenge. We let you own your domain and drive your work independently.
If that sounds exciting, great! Kibanda Topup may be the perfect place for you. But, Kibanda Topup is not for everyone.
- We are an early-stage start-up. It may be chaotic at times with shifting priorities
- This is not a place where we will tell you exactly what to do. You will be expected to manage your own work to achieve the outcomes
- We love being around our customers. If you enjoy sitting behind a desk all day, this may not be the best place for you.
How To Apply
Kibanda Topup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, physical disability, political affiliation, race, religion, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.