Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About Kibanda Topup
Kibanda Topup is a venture-backed technology company currently operating in Kenya and Nigeria. Our mission is to increase restaurant contribution to Africa’s GDP. From forecasting capabilities to last mile deliveries, we are building tools that enable small and medium restaurants to access affordable fresh and dry products. Restaurants need more than an efficient supply chain and we envision a world where the average African restaurant has access to digital and financial tools needed to grow and thrive.
Under the direction of the Head of Supply Chain, the main function of this role is to plan, coordinate, and oversee all activities involved in the planning, identification, acquisition and distribution of goods with a bias on fresh produce.
What You Will Do
- In liaison with the Head of Supply Chain, set up procurement systems and structures while determining key KPIs – especially relating to fresh products and ensure procurement process optimization.
- Collaborate with other departments i.e finance, people operations and sales teams to identify and maintain resources needed to establish and provide smooth operations within the procurement division.
- Lead the end-to-end set-up of our fresh and integrate this into the dry goods supply chain processes (incl. cooled warehousing, last-mile logistics, supplier selection, quality assurance)
- Identify procurement bottlenecks, recommend and implement solutions for process improvements.
- Assess the performance of suppliers, checking on their ability to meet quality and delivery requirements; also identify and qualify new suppliers.
- Assess the need for material-handling equipment and staffing; make recommendations to ensure efficient loading, unloading, movement, and storage of the fresh produce, collaboratively with the Outbound Logistics Manager.
- Negotiates prices for both the fresh and dry products and delivery with suppliers, vendors, and/or outsourced delivery companies and lead the whole process to contract signing.
- Be involved in sourcing new warehouse/s in liaison with the Head of Supply Chain when required and where necessary.
- Develops and maintains detailed inventories of goods located in warehouses collaboratively with the outsourced logistics company.
- Supervise the Procurement Associate/s functions while providing coaching and mentorship and assessing performance
What you must have
- Commercially proficient in matters of procurement and distribution of fresh produce
- Must have 5+ similar managerial experience preferably in a fresh produce industry and 4+ years of the experience in active procurement management and systems setup.
- BA in Supply Chain Management, Finance, Procurement or similar relevant field
- An excellent planner.
- Experience with complex operational, process, and performance improvement projects (lean or six sigma experience highly valued) including process mapping and process redesign)
- Flexibility in working hours and a good understanding of inbound to outbound supply chain process
- Have experience in setting up procurement processes and systems.
- Proven negotiating, influencing and relationship management skills.
- Work well under pressure
- Able to hit the ground running as a confident, entrepreneurial self-starter with the ability to manage and prioritize projects to delegate tasks appropriately
- Demonstrate leadership in building a culture of Continuous Improvement for process and operations, and the ability to hire the right people on your team to foster that culture
- Analytical ability necessary to gather and interpret data to further develop, recommend and implement solutions
- Technologically savvy, collaborative confident leader, familiarity with google suite products a plus
- Being a member of a purchasing and supplies management institute is an added advantage.
How To Apply
Kibanda Topup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, physical disability, political affiliation, race, religion, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.