Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The African Technology Policy Studies Network (ATPS) is a leading Pan-African transdisciplinary network of researchers, policymakers, private sector actors and the civil society actors that promotes the generation, dissemination, use and masteryof science, technology and innovation (STI) for Africa’s development, environmental sustainability and global inclusion. In collaboration with like-minded institutions, ATPS provides platforms for regional and international research and knowledge sharing to build Africa’s capabilities in STI policy research, policymaking and implementation for sustainable development. We work through national chapters located in 30 countries (27 in Africa and 3 in the Diaspora including Australia, United Kingdom and the United States of America). Our Headquarters is located in Nairobi, Kenya where we enjoy the Diplomatic privileges accorded other United Nations and International Organizations based in Kenya. The ATPS Mission is to improve the quality of STI systems research, policy and practice by strengthening the capacity for STI knowledge generation, dissemination, and use for sustainable development in Africa. The Overall Objective is to build Africa’s capabilities in science, technology and innovation for sustainable development and global inclusion. The ATPS Phase VIII Strategic Plan, 2017-2022 identifies four thematic priority areas of intervention namely: Agriculture, food and nutrition; Energy; Climate change and environment; and Health innovations. The Strategic Plan also identifies five cross-cutting programmatic priority areas namely: STI policy research, policymaking and advocacy; Training, sensitization and capacity building; Youth and gender empowerment; Knowledge brokerage, management and commercialization; and Intra-Africa and global collaboration.
ATPS has over 5,000 network members and 3,000 stakeholders in over 51 countries in 5 continents with institutional partnerships worldwide.
ATPS is seeking to recruit a wide range of skilled personnel to be based at its Secretariat in Nairobi, Kenya to support the implementation of its new programmes and projects. These positions in their different categories and the accompanying requirements are described below.
Secretary & Personal Assistant to the Executive Director (National position)
Main Duties and Responsibilities
a) Secretary & PA to the ED:
· Arrange and manage appointments for the Executive Director (ED), including his/her travels, visas, meetings and other engagements;
· Manage all incoming and outgoing communications and correspondences, in all cases ensuring security from loss or damage and, where required, maintaining confidentiality for the ED’s engagements;
· Type, or otherwise prepare, documents generated by the ED and distribute or dispatch them accordingly. File all records to and from the ED;
· Monitor the supply of materials in the office of the ED, including stationeries, and replenish them as required;
· Prepare trip reports and records on behalf of the ED for use in developing annual technical reports;
· Regularly maintain and keep the office of the ED in order in liaison with the ED; and
· Call the ED’s attention to deadlines, ahead of time to ensure they are met;
b) Administrative roles:
· Screen all official correspondence addressed to the ED, where appropriate redirect it to the relevant ATPS officers;
· Ensure all documents brought to the ED for his/her approval have passed through all the stages required by the established procedure, and explain to ATPS staff this procedure;
· Arrange necessary supplies and/or services for meetings called by the ED;
· Give administrative and secretarial support to the Finance and Administration office and carry out specialized activities;
· Jointly with Finance and Administration Manager, be responsible for all immigration matters for international staff, SROs, ED i.e. work permits, re-entry passes, dependant passes, IDs, etc.;
· Jointly with the Finance and Administration Manager, responsible for obtaining project equipment quotations as well as following up on receipt of shipment by the recipients.
· Effectively manage ATPS’s calendar of events and the Executive Director’s daily schedule.
c) Programme Administration
· Keep track of the status of Research grants and donor programmes and assist with maintenance of all correspondence and files on programs, research projects and researchers;
· Assist in drafting and consolidating donor reports for submission to donors on a timely basis;
· Assist with monitoring and implementation of programme/project activities involving extensive liaison with the field projects;
· Maintain time sheets from research staff and external researchers;
· Assist with the compilation of material/documents for meetings and package these;
· Assist with preparation of grant and consultancy contracts and the contract circulation forms;
· Coordinating the receipt and review of conference submissions and ensuring reviews are sent to the research and communications department on a timely basis;
· Assist with the management of conference activities including ensuring timelines are met and the necessary reports submitted; and
· Other duties as assigned by your Supervisor or the Executive Director.
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Secretarial Administration, Public/International Relations, Diplomacy, Business Administration or any other relevant qualification
· Minimum of 3 years professional experience in similar international organizations
· Professional course in public relations /secretarial course will be an added advantage
Required skills and competencies
· Proficiency in the use of computers
· Excellent analytical, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
· Should demonstrate excellent spoken and written English language skills with good telephone etiquette
· Must be highly organized, dependable, result oriented and good time manager
· Experience in working in an international organization
· Proficiency in French language will be an added advantage
· Good character
· A Self-starter with a strong desire to learn
· Strong interpersonal skills and a good team player
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
· Strong communications skills
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send an application letter stating their motivation for the job and a detailed curriculum vitae with at least three (3) referees to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com
The deadline for the submission of application is on Thursday, 30 September 2021. Use the job title “Secretary & Personal Assistant to the Executive Director” as the subject of your email when submitting your applications.