Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
This is a full-time, paid position that offers a modest salary with a comprehensive benefits package that may include health and life insurance, relocation assistance, retirement, housing, in-country transportation, and annual leave.
CURE has exceptional future opportunities for a Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon at its hospitals around the world. The Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon will be responsible for providing hands-on surgical care to our patients, which adheres to the quality standards of CURE.
- Prepare and review case histories and obtain data through evaluation of pediatric patients and consult with family members.
- Examine pediatric patients, determine need for clinical laboratory tests and interpret examination findings and test results.
- Prescribe appropriate orthopedic treatments based on findings and results.
- Determine procedures for preoperative and postoperative care, including the administration of sedatives, prescription of diets and preparation of the patient’s operative area.
- Apply surgical procedures and coordinate operations with the anesthesiologist.
- Treat pediatric patients suffering from surgical shock, postoperative hemorrhage and other complications.
- Direct other operating room staff in procedures for preoperative and postoperative care and operating room techniques.
- Instruct resident orthopedic surgeons in orthopedic procedures.
- Accurately and thoroughly chart pertinent patient information.
- Ensure the safety of patients during consultations, surgical interventions and in the postoperative environment.
- Assist the Medical Director in ensuring the maintenance of an accurate and adequate supply of medications and supplies.
Qualified candidates for this position will possess the following:
- Medical degree (MD or DO) from a qualified, recognized medical institution.
- Board certification, or board eligible, preferred.
- Current and unrestricted medical license.
- Two (2) years experience in a private or hospital practice.
- Significant experience in pediatric orthopedic surgery; Completion of a pediatric orthopedic surgery fellowship strongly preferred.
- Experience in the developing world strongly preferred.
- Moderate ability with the English language required, fluency preferred. Fluency in one of the local language(s) may also be required depending on the location.
- Strong communication skills, especially with those of different cultures.
- Competency and proficiency in orthopedic procedures.
- Strong interest in teaching and training.
How To Apply
In addition, all candidates should be familiar with the Statement of Faith, and will be required to agree to perform the duties of the position in support of, and not in opposition to, this aspect of CURE International in order to be considered for this position.
Please click here to read our Statement of Faith.