Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Samuel Hall is seeking a professional, motivated, and committed individual to join its team for a part -time or consultancy position based in Nairobi, Kenya or working remotely. The Human Resource Manager (HRM) will support the directors to set the vision, strategy, and overseeing talent needs across the organization. This includes responsibility for talent attraction, acquisition, leadership development, succession planning, employee engagement, and change management. Applicants must have their Masters or Doctoral degree. There is potential for regional and international travel.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Objective 1- Human Resource and Administration Processes
- Oversee Human Resources function across all entities in conjunction with the Director of Finance and Administration .i.e. recruitment, induction, annual leave and sick leaves.
Support staff KPIs and link with overall strategy.
Supervise all contractual, administrative, and legal requirements in the area of operations.
Develop and impose efficient tools for HR management and project streamlining.
- Support the termination process and assist with the exit interviews.
- Oversee the implementation of all SH policies, processes, and tools and provides team and organisation-wide training sessions to new hires and other employees as needed.
- Conduct bi-annual audits of all SH policies, processes, and tools to identify necessary updates
Objective 2 – Talent Attraction and Acquisition
- Lead the hiring process, including the onboarding of new staff as per HR global policy.
- Develop relationships with potential partners and join networking events representing the organization (e.g. career fairs, university events, web seminars, etc.).
- Support Research Director, Development Director, Finance and Administration Director and Pillar Leads to develop and implement their Strategic Workforce Plan (SWP).
- Identify and allocate resources for organizational projects and initiatives (Monday.com / Level of Effort).
Monitors expenditures related to staffing to ensure they are within the budgeted staffing costs
Objective 3 – Leadership Development and Succession Planning
- Implement staff capacity building to ensure skills and processes in collaboration with the Director of Finance and Administration.
- Oversee the bi-annual Staff Evaluation Process.
- Identify staffing gaps and suggests changes to existing staffing.
- Develop succession planning for the Organization and pathways for internal growth for all staff
Objective 4 – Employee engagement and change management
- Ensure effective teamwork, staff morale, capacity-building, and performance.
Implement bi-annual Employee Satisfaction surveys
- Supervise and monitor staff Objective and Key Results (OKR) Process and link with overall strategy: Consolidation, Reorganization, Outreach and Profitability (CROP)
- Bachelor or Masters degree highly desirable; preferably in Human Resource, International Business Administration and/ or Management, Learning and Development or a related field;
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience of global human resource management
- SHRM, CHRP or any other internationally accredited human resource certification is desirable from a recognized institution.
Strong presentation skills and sound understanding/experience in leading teams
Strongly proficient in MS Office
- A high level of oral and written communication skills in English
- A self-starter who can get on with the task in hand, who knows when to communicate information and issues.
- Highly flexible and prepared to work under pressure.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision, keen to detail, pro-active and a good team-player.
- Open minded, intellectually curious, accurate, persistent, innovative, energetic, and ambitious individual able to quickly develop working relationships throughout the business.
- Ability to be patient and to work well within a global team.
- Ability to cope well under pressure, occasionally work irregular hours and meet tight deadlines.
- High level of integrity, honesty, and capacity to handle confidential information with integrity.
How to Apply
All applicants should send their cover letter and CV in separate PDF files; each labelled: “CL/CV – Full name of Applicant” with the email subject line clearly expressed: “Name – Human Resources Manager”.
Please provide current or previous salary information.
Email submission: email@example.com