Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Shining Hope for Communities (SHOFCO) is an internationally recognized grassroots organization that unlocks the potential of urban slum dwellers to lead hopeful and fulfilling lives.
SHOFCO disrupts survival mode by providing critical services including health care, clean water, education, and economic empowerment; and linking these efforts to a community-led advocacy platform.
SHOFCO currently impacts over 2.4 million people across 17 urban slums in Kenya and is the largest employer in Kibera.
SHOFCO is a trusted name and service provider in Kibera with a 10-year track record.
For more information, please visit http://www.shofco.org.
Position Overview: SHOFCO is seeking a dynamic Monitoring and Evaluation Leader with strong quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills, and proven ability to communicate results effectively.
Reporting to the Chief Program Officer, the Head of Monitoring and Evaluation will be responsible for providing overall leadership and management of a diverse team that supports monitoring, evaluation, and reporting activities.
The incumbent will work closely with program managers, fundraising and communication departments, and implementing partners to understand and communicate program impact.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Continually update and strengthen SHOFCO’s theory of change and M&E framework to ensure alignment with organizational strategy and impact aspirations.
- Serve as the organizational voice for all M&E-related issues, to the organization, its leadership, and key external stakeholders. Participate in the preparation and facilitation of informational meetings with SHOFCO’s partners and funders.
- Lead and coordinate initiatives to strengthen M&E systems and processes throughout the organization. Identify and address opportunities to upgrade current approaches to data collection, verification, recordkeeping, reporting, and analysis.
- Oversee routine program monitoring activities. Monitor quality of data collection and verification efforts at all levels of the organization, to ensure the quality and precision of data being collected.
- Ensure M&E reports are produced in a timely manner, and in full compliance with SHOFCO performance management needs and funder expectations.
- Conduct third party evaluations as needed.
- Ensure all responsible M&E and programs staff are trained on data collection methodology and in the M&E system, in general. Assist the various program teams in improving capabilities for data collection and analysis.
- Create regular opportunities for skills building and continue to professionalize M&E staff.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 8 years professional experience, with 3 years in a senior M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities of international development projects.
- Master’s degree or Bachelor plus an advanced certificate in M&E, statistics, or economics preferred.
- Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to the HR Director email@example.com.
Applications without this information will not be considered.
DO NOT ATTACH TESTIMONIALS at this point.
Shortlisting will be done on a rolling out basis, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.