Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Standard Group PLC is a multi-media organization with investments in media platforms spanning newspaper print operations, television, radio broadcasting, digital and online services. The Standard Group is recognized as a leading multi-media house in Kenya with a key influence in matters of national and international interest. Our various media platforms include The Standard Newspaper, KTN, KTN News, btv, Farmers T.V, Radio Maisha, Vybez Radio, Spice FM, The Nairobian Weekly Newspaper and Standard Digital. As part of strengthening our operations, we are looking for some smart, creative and ambitious individuals to join the Radio team in the following capacity:
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Reporting to the Programs Controller, the incumbent will be responsible for creating content and managing the whole radio production process for both live and recorded programs while generating authentic ideas and carrying out thorough research on any relevant topic for engagement with the audience.
- Create programme content and manage the whole production process for both live and recorded radio programmes and maintain excellent quality;
- Producing radio imaging for station properties – station jingles, promotions, music beds and identity and station commercials;
- Sourcing potential contributors and interviewees;
- Generate original ideas, identify suitable ideas from others, and carry out thorough research of topics of discussions;
- Respond to audience feedback and foster engagement;
- Preparing audiovisual clips for client reports;
- Pre – packaging and scheduling recorded features into the programme system using digital editing software;
- Checking that copyrights are cleared and the show is compliant with the relevant regulations;
- Managing the logistics of getting people, resources and equipment together at the right place at the right time;
- Training new presenters on the use of station equipment and software;
- Accompanying presenters for field activations;
- Responsible for managing budgets and for ensuring the efficient use of resources.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Radio production / Media studies or a related field from a recognized university.
- 2 – 3 years experience in a comparable relevant position in a reputable organization.
- Having the ability to execute motion graphics will be an added advantage.
SKILLS AND OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Good understanding of audiences.
- Time management skills.
- Highly organised.
- Excellent research skills.
- An awareness of current affairs and good general knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- The ability to work as a part of a team and also independently
How To Apply
If you possess the above qualifications and have the drive to meet the challenges, visit our website http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/jobs to browse through the current openings/vacancies and apply not later than Sunday, 19th September 2021.
The Standard Group PLC is an equal opportunity employer and as such, canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WE DO NOT CHARGE ANY FEES FOR THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.