Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Branch: Eastleigh Shariff
Reports to: Senior Manager, Retail
Responsible for business development and operations of the Branch while ensuring staff engagement, customer satisfaction, profitability and growth in line with the Bank’s strategy.
- Implement the Bank’s business development strategy at branch level including growth in customer base with concurrent growth in branch liabilities and assets and meet targets set under annual performance plans for the Branch.
- Formulate and implement branch business plans, forecasts and budgets and ensure their control and periodic reviews.
- Support the business development team at the Branch in understanding customer needs and proposing solutions based on a relevant combination of the Bank’s current product and service offering (i.e. offer a suite of products and services that meets the client’s needs).
- Identify and develop new and profitable businesses and sales volumes for all bank products while ensuring active cross-selling in all business development areas (Commercial, Treasury ), achieving targets for profitability, new customer acquisition, customer relationship growth.
- Contribute to the uptake of digital channels by all customers of the branch.
- Support marketing initiatives and monitor and provide regular feedback on products performance.
- Build and deepen relationships with existing and new clients to achieve increase in share of wallet and revenues.
- Drive revenue streams for the branch, both funded and non-funded income.
- Create a smooth interface between the various branch functions of Retail, Operations, Risk Management, Credit, Commercial Banking, Treasury, and Customer Service.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by upholding world class customer experience defined around speed and accuracy – First Time Right.
- Conduct personal visits to customers on a regular basis to optimize on sales and resolve all customer complaints and queries expeditiously.
- Work with Customer Experience team to ensure that branch customers are provided with a one-stop convenient, efficient and reliable total banking solutions.
- Oversee customer service delivery, maintenance and improvement of service standards in order to ensure customer satisfaction and retention.
- Implement and monitor the operational risk management guidelines for the branch.
- Manage operational and business risks and costs to maximize profitability.
- Maintain the look, feel and physical security of the branch premises, staff and customers.
- Monitor compliance with both internal and external regulatory requirements. Ensuring that Shariah-related, Know Your Customer (KYC),
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML), and other policies are adhered to; ensure compliance implementation and compliance with operational policies and procedures.
- Work closely with risk and compliance units to ensure effective controls to mitigate against operational and business risks.
- Oversee the collection of all the required information and documentation required for credit processing from the clients—the goal is to ensure that complete credit applications are presented to the credit team, and support the relationship managers in advising the client of any missing information that would delay the processing of the application.
- Keep customers (especially key customers) informed of the progress of their credit applications.
- Follow up with credit risk department and other support units to ensure timely approval and disbursement of facilities (help resolve any issues with the client as needed).
- For high-value clients, contact the client immediately in the event of non-payment of a loan installment, and, if not resolved, take subsequent actions to recover credit in arrears according Bank procedures.
- Manage Portfolio at Risk relating to the Branch within acceptable level as per defined targets.
- Provide leadership, direction and pace to the branch team.
- Build, develop and motivate a high performing team.
- Identify training gaps and recommend on required training interventions.
Qualifications and experience
- Business related degree from a recognized university with a major in Finance, Marketing and/or Economics.
- Relevant post graduate professional qualification AKIB will be an added advantage.
- Proven experience of at least 3 years in a similar position (relationship management).
- Knowledge of banking products
- Possess Advanced Credit Appraisal Techniques and Report writing skills.
Skills and competencies
- Ability to manage relationships through interpersonal skills.
- Ability to acquire and apply new knowledge relevant to the role, keep abreast of policies, procedures and guidelines relating to the role.
- Ability to demonstrate a positive approach to teamwork by sharing information and contributing to team effort.
- Excellent selling skills
- Ability to set stretched targets and impose a high personal standard.
- Having attention to detail and ability to capture information accurately.
- Commercial awareness with good analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Dynamic, individual with the ability to work under pressure, with high emotional intelligence.
- Strong networking skills, for both internal and external networks.
- A passion for performance, teamwork, and achievement in a competitive and dynamic environment.
- Hardworking, strategically minded individual with excellent self-leadership, organizational, and planning skills.
Application Deadline: 24th September 2021