Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Assistant Manager – Senior Projects Investment Analyst
The Assistant Manager – Senior Projects Investment Analyst’s role is responsible for conducting appropriate research, guiding, developing and implementing an investment appraisal and project evaluation structure to support the Authority’s new projects prioritization and funding decisions.
Specifically, the role is responsible for:
- Setting up strategic and operational systems to guide proposal appraisals and to justify investment in projects, programmes or portfolio
- Supporting the Enterprise Project Management Office to institutionalize an objective process through implementation of appropriate Investment Appraisal Techniques to appraise and prioritize the viability/profitability of proposed projects
- Portfolio budgeting, projects financial documentation and reporting
Under the guidance and supervision of Project Portfolio Manager, the Projects Investment Analyst will perform the following key functions:
- Define, develop, implement and monitor frameworks, standards and other guidance documents for portfolio investments appraisal process; and continuously research for emerging techniques to ensure the implemented appraisal process is up to date.
- Support the institutionalization of an objective project investment appraisal process through implementation of appropriate Investment Appraisal Techniques to appraise and prioritize the viability/profitability of proposed projects or programmes
- Operationalize the Corporate Investment Committee, including development and implementation of the committee’s annual calendar
- Quality assurance for papers to ensure compliance with set guidelines before submission to the Corporate Investment Committee for appraisal
- Portfolio budgeting financial documentation and reporting: this entails coordination and review of Project, Programme and Portfolio annual budgets, project expenditure reporting and ensuring all project-related financial documentation are well maintained and readily available as and when required for project management decisions
- Timely and quality delivery of all required reports
- Any other related duties as assigned
Academic and Professional qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management, Information Technology, Finance, Engineering, Business or any other relevant Degree from a recognized university
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Professional Training and Certifications in Portfolio, Programmes, and Project Management such as: PRINCE2 or Project Management Professional (PMP), Management of Value (MoV), PRINCE2 Agile, Management of Portfolios (MoP), Managing Successful Programmes (MSP)
- Relevant Post graduate training in Finance
Previous Relevant Work Experience Required
- Minimum of four (4) years Project Management or relevant experience; of which one (1) year should be at Supervisory level
- Proven track record and substantive experience of successful project investment appraisal, analysis and recommendations
- Experience in portfolio budgeting, project financial documentation and reporting
- Strong analytical, financial analysis skills and experience in using Investment Appraisal Techniques
Skills and Behavioral Competencies:
- Excellent understanding of Investment Appraisal Techniques and good Financial Awareness to enable accurate assessment of project performance and business cases
- Ability to deal sensitively in multi-cultural environments and build effective working relations
- Ability to operate effectively across organizational boundaries and work as team to meet strict timelines
- Good Leadership and pleasant interpersonal skills
- Ability to recruit, mentor, and develop teams
- Good business analytical, organizational and planning skills
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding presentation skills and ability to conduct effective meetings and presentations with diverse teams
- Proactive, strategic thinker and solutions oriented
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to email@example.com
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)