Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Assistant Manager – UI/UX Engineer
The job holder is responsible for;
- Owning, leading, and driving the user experience design system across all of KRAs digital experience , utilizing user centered design methodologies to deliver market leading customer experiences
- Providing expert knowledge of digital user experience in order to define and implement innovative market leading user experiences for new capabilities and user stories or enhancements to existing journeys across touch-points, devices and channels
- Creating, leading, and mentoring a practice of UX/UI designers across the delivery organization, ensuring the development and maintenance of highly skilled and motivated practice members
- User Interface Design and User Experience Design
- Review of Application interfaces for usability improvement
- Development of new user interfaces for systems that automate business processes and maintenance of existing
- Providing continual UI/UX improvements to systems and supporting systems by ensuring that solutions designed to address business needs meet the required quality standards.
- Developing User Interfaces for new systems as per the Requests for Change(RFC’s) and in line with procedures and standards
- Coordinating with developers and UI designers
- Performing Usability tests on applications
- Hands-on design and supervision of UI/UX application design work
- Organizes interactions between the members of the UI/UX team to nurture best practice and encourage knowledge-& tool-sharing
- Provides guidance and harmonization of best practices on agile methodologies and practices to ensure smooth communication and collaboration. Ensure adoption of Design System and UX/UI patterns
- Acts as a mentor for the Specialist resources in their Practice, helping them grow in expertise and experience new areas
- Designing graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets.
- Optimize existing user interface designs
- Develop the information architecture of digital products
- Develops new systems to automate business processes in conformity with design artefacts contained in System Change Requests (SCRs)
- Conducts peer reviews and unit tests of developed solutions to guarantee quality before final submission to Quality Management
- Prepares documentation (User manuals, Technical manuals, deployment instructions, roll back instructions, etc) to ensure that they meet set quality standards
- Ensures that solutions that have been developed are properly packaged and that all the components and requisite documentation are included in the package, for submission to Quality Management.
- Ensures that the approved coding standards are consistently applied in every solution developed.
- Participates in system demonstration, and ensures issues arising in demos are addressed.
- Addresses issues that arise during deployment of the newly developed solutions in the QA test environment.
- Resolves issues arising from QA tests, for solutions that do not pass QA standards and Information System Security policies.
- Ensure conformity to ISO (9001:2015 and 27001:2013) and data security requirements.
Academic and Professional Qualifications Academic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications design, human-computer interaction (HCI), cognitive science or any other IT related field.
Professional Certification or Training in any one of the following areas is required:
- UI/UX training/Certification
- Systems Development i.e. Java Programming, Web Design and Development, Oracle Developer etc.
- Business Systems Analysis i.e. CBAP Certification / Training
- Systems Modelling and Design Techniques
- Process Modelling and Design Techniques
Certification or training in any of the following areas will be an added advantage:
- Training in middle level management / Supervisory Skills courses.
- IT Governance i.e. ITIL or COBIT 4/5
- Project Management i.e. PMP or Prince 2
- Training or Certification in Database Administration i.e. Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL or Microsoft SQL Server.
- Training in operating systems i.e. Windows, Linux or Unix.
Technical Skills Required:
The Job holder must have:
- Proven experience in User Experience (UX) design including, Customer and competitor analysis, User research on interacting with systems, Information architecting, Prototyping and wire-framing, Testing and iterating
- Proven experience in User Interface (UI) design including Branding , Visual design, Colour, typography, and layouts, design research , interactivity and animation , UI prototyping
- Proven experience in integrated user experience journey design across all channels, products, and services
- Demonstrate design thinking and lean prototyping
- Experience in research and design methodologies including Content architecture and navigation, user testing, stakeholder interviews, card sorting exercises, heuristic analysis, persona development, wire framing and prototyping
- User experience monitoring and optimization using real-time data analytics
- Leadership of user experience improvement programs and practices across multiple domains and technologies
- UX/UI and digital software such as Adobe, InVision, Sketch, UX/UIPin, Balsamiq, Framer.js, Quartz Composer etc.
- Visio, Axure, MS Office, Creative Suite
- Exceptional visualization and presentation skills
Relevant Work Experience Required
- Proven experience in User interface/User Experience design for enterprise business systems.
- At least four (4) years’ experience as a UI/UX designer and user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect or similar role in a busy organization.
- At least one (1) years of UX/UI leadership responsibilities in large delivery organizations
The Job holder must:
- Have good understanding of the KRA’s goals and objectives.
- Comfortable, experienced and accomplished at working with business executives to define business goals and translating them into aligned user experience initiatives
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of existing, new and emerging technologies that enable and drive new business designs and user experiences
- Be resilient, focused, results oriented and a team player.
- Have strong analytical, diagnostic, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Have ability to pay attention to details and work under minimum supervision and for long hours within constraints.
- Have strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Have good negotiation skills.
- Be able to build and maintain strong relationships with contracted parties, third party organizations, users and staff.
- Have Change management skills.
- Ability to interact confidently with users to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
- Ability to prioritize competing work commitments and deliver on time
- Passion for innovation and creativity
- High levels of integrity
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to email@example.com
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)