Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Manager – Budgets & Technical Support
This role is responsible for ensuring efficiency in the fiscal budget process in the Authority and provision of technical support.
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Provide technical support in the KRA’s fiscal budget process for input into the fiscal budget proposals
- Coordinate the development of strategies to guide fiscal policy in the Authority.
- Review of technical/policy briefs for budget submissions.
- Review the implementation of fiscal policy guidelines across the Authority.
- Provide support and linkages with the Parliamentary Budget Office.
- Provide guidelines for the development of Administrative Manuals in support of various tax laws.
- Provide input to the division in interpretation of domestic tax policy and related legislation.
- Participate in technical deliberation of budget process.
- Guide on technical data collation and compilation to support legislative changes.
- Participate in various technical working groups with identified stakeholders in the budget making process.
- Publication of technical circulars on budget changes.
- Provide technical support to stakeholder engagement on legislative changes/reforms and tax matters.
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Overseeing regular and timely performance reporting as well as the development of
- unit’s business plan in alignment with KRA’s corporate plan.
- Day-to-day operations, supervision, management of performance and development of staff in the unit
- Facilitate implementation of the work plans for the following corporate initiatives in the unit: Audit, Integrity, QMS and Risk
- Drive initiatives to improve ethics, culture and facilitate change management in the unit
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Law, International Relations or other business-related degree.
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
CPA (K), LSK or any other business related professional qualification.
Previous relevant work experience required.
Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in tax administration with at least 2 years at entry-level management.
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:
- Excellent understanding of tax administration – customs policy and practice
- Strong grasp of tax policy and legislation
- Proactively scans the environment and keeps updated with current emerging taxation issues.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal including effective presentation
- Good management, organizational and administrative skills
- Leadership qualities which include team work, good judgment, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Proactive, self-motivated and adaptable to team environments
- Meticulous and with attention to detail
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to email@example.com
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)