Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Supervisor – Business Analyst
This role is responsible for analyzing business processes and activities using data analysis and business modelling/research to define business requirements for key organizational technology needs and solutions implementation to improve business efficiency and bridge the gap between the organization’s current position and its future target position.
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
- Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Support the planning, design and execution of business analysis and requirements roadmaps for assigned projects
- Work closely with various departments to validate business analysis and requirements documentation based on quality requirements
- Apply Business Analysis/ Process Engineering expertise on assigned initiatives and undertake research on best practice as part of benchmarking
- Support resource allocation decisions during project prioritization with stakeholders
- Liaise between stakeholders and users; managing competing resources and priorities
- Lead and guide assigned team reportees on required Business Analysis deliverables
- Provide regular progress reports to management
- Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
Business Requirements Analysis
- Carry out full business requirements discovery working with all relevant stakeholders/end-users to elicit and gather the requirements
- Conduct detail process analysis including bottleneck analysis, time trap analysis, process cycle efficiency, lead times and statistical process control and document processes including mapping (current and future state), physical layouts and time standards
- Collect, classify, analyze and document business requirements as per set standards
- Create high-level solution designs to meet business requirements by exploiting the functionality available in IT systems already in the Authority or by filling missing gaps with appropriate new system guided by the Authority’s defined Enterprise architecture
- Perform documented business solutions process and requirements analysis to ensure comprehensive and user friendly end-products
- Ensure sensible consensus is reached for all requirements/specifications and help business, IT, and test leads to have the same mutual understanding thereof
- Monitor and report on assigned deliverables to ensure timely completion of projects
- Undertake business solutions roll-out and adoption activities
- Support updating, implementing, and maintaining procedures.
- Monitor performance of implemented business solutions to ensure they are fit-for purpose per defined business needed
- Stay up-to-date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems.
Business Process Documentation
- Evaluate business processes to identify business needs and requirements and areas for improvement for assigned initiatives and document current state and future state process and articulate the information into user stories and process maps
- Extract and document processes critical business requirements and develop, input to and update initiatives business case
- Produce required documents/artefacts for implementation and rollout of business solution such business case; project plans; project design documents business use cases etc
- Document project/initiative plan/roadmap; follow-up for stakeholders approval and sign-off; deliver on initiatives against scope, timelines and budget; report deviations to management and update implementation plans as needed
- Collaboratively develop test-driven business requirements and functional specifications for required business system solutions and system changes to optimize process efficiency working in liaison with business, technical, and testing team members
- Verify that requirements are testable and generate testing objectives; review test cases for accuracy and validate results conform to requirements.
- Perform user acceptance testing and ensure solutions meet business needs and requirements.
Release Planning and Prioritization
- Adopt agile based methodologies in business analysis and ensure minimum value propositions are achieved in agile delivery of key solutions.
- Promote proper release planning, guaranteeing adherence to business needs and priorities to contribute to the reduction of development costs in future
- Be the key link between the business and IT teams to ensure smooth implementation of systems and processes, keeping all stakeholders constantly up-to-date on progress
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to email@example.com
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)