Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Lutheran World Federation World Service Kenya (LWF) World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world. A commitment to the human rights of every individual, regardless of their status, guides our work, actions, and operations. We are particularly known for our timely, compassionate, and professional humanitarian work, and for our field presence in hard-to-reach areas. Our work is people-centered and community- based. Above all, we work with the most vulnerable, and in order to claim and uphold their rights, we engage proactively with local government and community structures.
Our partners in Kenya-Somalia Program include: Lutheran Churches and their related agencies, The European Commission (ECHO), WFP, UNICEF and UNHCR with whom we are key implementing partners. LWF Kenya – Somalia Program is seeking to recruit Kenyan national for the following position to be based in Dadaab.
Position: Teacher Coach
The incumbent will report directly to Education Officer – Curriculum and Quality or his/her designate.
- Provide trainings for teachers based on needs assessment and data analysis from teacher classroom observations.
- To organize and coordinate school based in-service programmes to upgrade teacher’s knowledge and skills for improved teaching and learning;
- Provide post teacher training support coaching and mentorship, lead teacher’s monthly circles or reflective meetings
- Organize school based and zonal subject panels to facilitate sharing of knowledge, innovations and new trends
- To interpret the curriculum in all subjects to ensure effective teaching and learning; organize workshops/seminars/symposiums to share ideas and further knowledge in subject areas
- Train teachers on the preparation of effective teaching and learning aids and how to organize/display them in the classrooms.
- To observe teachers during classroom instruction, provide feedback and provide model lessons for teachers.
- Train and support teachers in preparation of teacher professional documents like schemes of work, lesson plans, class registers etc.
- To set an example of a presentable role model of a school classroom teacher to the teachers.
Oversight of teacher education interventions
- Oversee the initial training of learning of teachers, as well as their continuous professional development.
- Monitor progress towards the objectives and intended outputs pertaining to teacher education using routine data, spot checks, observation, and other methodologies.
- Provide regular written and verbal reports on education activities to the supervisor and senior management, project partners and donors.
- Promote the quality of teacher education activities by setting up quality assurance mechanisms and checks in collaboration with other staff.
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Education.
- Have a valid Teaching Certificate (Registered with TSC)
- Have served as Primary teacher in refugee set up or in an informal settlement either rural or urban for a minimum period of one (5) years;
- Have successfully undertaken the relevant TPD modules, at least two on EiE
- Demonstrate ability to supervise, mentor and provide professional support to r teachers;
- Minimum of 5 years classroom teaching experience and/or teacher coaching and mentorship experience.
- Experience of working in refugee schools or with refugee community in the camp or urban set up.
- Working knowledge and experience in inclusive education and mainstreaming child protection and gender in education
- Knowledge and experience in conducting and managing teacher trainings.
- Basic IT skills such as email, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to use e-learning devices for teaching, data collection, analysis and dissemination
- Excellent skills in written and spoken English
Context related skills; knowledge and experience (shall be adapted to the specific position):
- Ability to tolerate diverse cultural, educational and religious diversity in the work place
- Experience in working with refugee community.
- A good team player with high degree of initiative, flexibility and tolerance
LWF/WS is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation. LWF/WS is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.
Closing date: 3rd October 2021