Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Finance Operations department – Fixed Assets & Inventory section within the Finance Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Fixed Assets & Inventory the position holder will manage the company owned and leased assets both tangible and intangible)
- To reconcile fixed assets register to the general ledger on a monthly basis breaking down major categories of assets into cost, depreciation and net book value
- Before month end, liaise with technology division to ensure that all assets put in use in the month especially network infrastructure elements are accounted for under additions for the month by quantity and value
- Analyze additions from AP ledger and classify them into main asset categories on a monthly basis. Maintain proper trail of supporting documents for additions to fixed assets
- Review POS on a monthly basis to ensure that any commitments made in respect to assets which have not yet been invoiced are accounted for in the correct accounting period especially items relating to CWIP
- Review disposals on a monthly basis and ensure the same are in line with company policy and fully analyzed and properly accounted for including retirement of assets from the register
- Compute monthly depreciation per asset and per group of assets and ensure that it is properly accounted for. Perform a global check for depreciation charge per assets category to ensure reasonableness
- Prepare schedules required for tax computation purposes as and when required to ensure that proper and maximum possible capital allowances are claimed periodically. Liaise fully with taxation section
- Justify any adjustments to fixed assets with proper analysis of the impact it has on depreciation.
- Analyze capital work in progress into the specific sites to which they relate to and tie the same to specific purchase orders.
- Age the CWIP on a monthly basis based on the issuance report to ensure that no items remain therein for more than 6 months
- Business related bachelor’s degree from a recognized university;
- Qualified accountant with CPA (K)/ACCA/CIMA/ACA is a must;
- 3-5 years post qualification experience in finance with specialization in one or two areas of financial accounting i.e., fixed assets, stock accounting, sub-ledger accounting, statutory reporting;
- Proficiency in data analytics and visualization tools such as Power BI, Qlik etc
- Demonstrate competence in dashboards creation
- Experience in digital process automations
- A strategic thinker; shaping processes, people and systems
- Ability to quickly identify risks and capture accounting implications
- Hands on experience working with accounting Systems e.g. Oracle, Hyperion, Sap, etc
- Strong analytical skills and a keen attention to details;
- Self-driven, results oriented, proactive and an ability to work without supervision
Last Date to Apply: Sep 26, 2021
Note to Applicants
As part of the interview process, external candidates should prepare the following documentation which will be required as soft copies at a later stage based on your performance in the interviews/assessments.
a) An updated CV with contacts of three referees, 2 who must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field.
b) Kenyan Certificate of Good Conduct (Less than 1 year old) or a receipt of the same from the CID pending release of the hardcopy document.
c) Clearance certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
d) University Diploma/Degree Certificate/ Letter of completion from University in case you have not received your diploma/degree certificate.
e) National ID/Passport.
How To Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then Click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.
Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.