Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (Ciheb) — Kenya is a local non-governmental organization collaborating with the Ministry of Health and County Health Management Teams to strengthen health systems for improved quality of health care in Kenya. Ciheb-Kenya is collaborating with the county governments of Mombasa, Kilifi, Kwale, Taita Taveta, Machakos, Makueni, Kitui, Nairobi, Kisumu, and Migori to support the implementation and expansion of high quality, sustainable, and comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment programs, and expansion of COVID-19 vaccination with funding from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
Overview of Position:
The Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) Lead will provide technical support in building the capacity of the county leadership and Health Management Team (CHMT) towards ownership and utilization of high quality and sustainable HIV prevention and treatment services. Notably, the position shall facilitate a seamless link between service delivery interventions and county capacity for systems development including leadership and governance, Human Resources for health, planning, budgeting, and finance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with the technical staff, take lead in supporting counties to undertake HSS capacity assessments, setting priorities, developing, and implementing capacity strengthening plans.
- Develop and implement a robust Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) plan for transition by guiding the process of identifying key performance parameters with clear milestones through the life of the project to tracking the transition process and objectives outlined in the grant’s proposal towards sustainability.
- Provide overall guidance and leadership support for HSS interventions including leadership and management capacity, human resources for health, budgeting/finance and enhance efficiency of supply chain among other pillars of health.
- Provide technical assistance to strengthen institutional capacity of county health systems management for implementation of quality health services.
- Strengthen strategic planning at county level by supporting the development and implementation of the health component of the five-year strategic plan and the annual operation plan.
- Work closely with technical staff to provide technical assistance in mainstreaming HSS in their technical service areas – service delivery, laboratory services, and commodity management.
- Provide expert support in the development and application of HSS tools (gap analysis, supervisory etc.).
- Oversee health workforce contracting and transition process to county government payroll through close collaboration with the relevant Public Service Boards (PSB).
- Facilitate high level engagements within the relevant counties to ensure increased ownership and buy in towards transition, sustainability, and the journey to self-reliance.
- Provide strategic oversight and supervision support to the county management in budgeting for essential services.
- Coordinate identification of training and system improvement needs, and support implementation of relevant training modules targeting health workers and CHMTs.
- Participate in the relevant technical working groups (county transition team) in the respective counties.
- Support the sharing of lessons learned, promising practices, and effective strategies to enable the county government, particularly the county health management team, to advance toward the desired HSS results.
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree in Health Policy and administration, health sector development, public health, or a related field
- Minimum of 10 years’ working experience, designing, managing, implementing, and overseeing health systems strengthening initiatives with at least five (5) years at senior supervisory level with Ministry of Health and donor-funded programs including the US government PEPFAR programs
- Solid understanding Kenya’s devolved health systems both national and county systems
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, capacity building skills, communication and interpersonal skills, and providing technical assistance
- Ability to cultivate, develop, and maintain good relationships with the county government and staff, colleagues and partners
How To Apply:
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to CIHEBKENYA_Recruitment@cihebkenya.org on or before 30th September 2021. Applicants are advised to include the title “HEALTH SYSTEMS STRENGTHENING LEAD” on the subject line also indicating preferred location.
The Centre for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (Ciheb) — Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.