Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (Ciheb) — Kenya is a local non-governmental organization collaborating with the Ministry of Health and County Health Management Teams to strengthen health systems for improved quality of health care in Kenya. Ciheb-Kenya is collaborating with the county governments of Mombasa, Kilifi, Kwale, Taita Taveta, Machakos, Makueni, Kitui, Nairobi, Kisumu, and Migori to support the implementation and expansion of high quality, sustainable, and comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment programs, and expansion of COVID-19 vaccination with funding from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
S/he will be responsible for guiding the overall Ciheb-Kenya – ENTRENCH DREAMS strategy and coordinating the implementation of this strategy for quality and timely implementation, monitoring and reporting. S/he will supervise, work with the support of the ward-based staff to ensure quality support for effective implementation of HIV prevention services for adolescent girls and young women (AGYW).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide overall coordination and support of the planning, design, and implementation of evidence-based HIV-prevention interventions targeting adolescent girls and young women, and to provide leadership in the adaptation and training of appropriate HIV prevention interventions including SHUGA, HCBF, MHMC, RESPECT-K, and FMP.
- Facilitate proper community mobilization, community entry process to ensure program sustainability, and ownership by the community members and stakeholders.
- Provide technical assistance through trainings, mentorship, and support to staff working on the DREAMS project, focusing on the package of evidence-based interventions including school-based HIV prevention programming, social asset building, social protection interventions including vocational training, education subsidy, entrepreneurship and financial capability training, and biomedical interventions including gender-based violence, HIV testing and counselling, contraceptive method mix, condom promotion and provision, PrEP education, community mobilization and norms change interventions, among others.
- Supervision and mentorship of the program staff in implementing targeted HIV prevention programs, packaging of interventions, and development of training and IEC materials.
- Capacity building, mentorship and support supervision of field staff, mentors, and change agents to ensure quality implementation of services to AGYW within the DREAMS program throughout recruitment, onboarding, structuring, performance monitoring, and day-to-day management.
- Effective monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of programs including working closely with the M&E team to set up program responsive M&E systems, tools, reporting structures, and data analysis that track progress and inform review meetings for programming as per the DREAMS guidance.
- Generate technical programmatic reports including documentation of lessons learnt, best practices, challenges, and opportunities for programming.
- Facilitate linkages across different HIV programs and services at health facility, consortium partners, and community levels; HIV testing, counselling, care, treatment and strengthening of health facility-community referral and linkages systems for the AGYW for biomedical interventions and social economic approaches.
- Identification of access barriers for AGYW (structural, HR, attitude, or skills) and addressing them in a timely manner with communities, gate keepers, and appropriate government organs.
- Serve as the budget holder for the program elements ensuring all expenditures are compliant, and budget revisions are completed accurately when required.
- Coordination and supervision of evaluations on the efficacy of behavioral, biomedical, and structural interventions and programs.
- Represent the organization in various forums including stakeholder forums, technical working groups, and other national programmatic forums, as well as coordinate ownership and sustainability of programs within the government mainstream functions whilst ensuring that key actors, both internal and external, are aware of programmatic and operational successes.
- Degree in Clinical Medicine or Nursing
- Master’s Degree in Public Health or Epidemiology
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience implementing complex HIV prevention programs, with at least three (3) in a senior level position
- Experience working under PEPFAR-funded programs and USG donor’s regulations, specifically DREAMS program
- Knowledge or experience in social, behavioral change communication implementation science
- Demonstrated experience with a mix of practical technical skills in HIV prevention for AGYW necessary for strengthening service delivery at the national, county, or community-level
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving, written and verbal skills, capacity building skills, communication and interpersonal skills, and providing technical assistance.
How to Apply:
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to CIHEBKENYA_Recruitment@cihebkenya.org on or before 30th September 2021. Applicants are advised to include the title “TECHNICAL LEAD DREAMS” on the subject line also indicating preferred location.
The Centre for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (Ciheb) — Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.