Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Research Associate – Monitoring and Evaluation (Ref.: 2021/008)
The international Potato center is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation specializing in USAID projects for the anticipated Accelerated Institutional and Food System Development (AIFSD) project. The project aims to improve the livelihoods of farmers in Bungoma and Taita Taveta counties through developing the potato value chain. Main focus areas are to improve performance of farmer producer organizations to support farmers to equitably engage in the value chain, support certified seed production and develop institutional capacities.
The Position: The M&E Research Associate will be based in Nairobi with frequent travel to Bungoma and Taita Taveta counties and will report to the Potato Value Chain Manager.
- Support the implementation of the AIFSD (potato value chain component) monitoring and evaluation plan.
- Lead in the preparation of data collection tools for continuous monitoring.
- Develop a continuous monitoring plan to track indicators and project performance.
- Develop and lead baseline, midterm and endline studies – including preparing surveys, training, and supervising surveys.
- Prepare baseline, midterm and endline reports as per the surveys.
- Prepare outcome-based reports based on continuous and annual survey monitoring.
- Report on all monitoring activities for biweekly and quarterly reports, and any other reporting as necessary.
- Support Field Monitoring visits by providing briefs on project performance.
- Support development of project success and outcome briefs based on results from monitoring.
- Train project partners on the implementation of the monitoring system, in particular the use of data forms and reporting formats, and provide ongoing coaching support through regular site monitoring visits for quality control and timely problem solving.
- Participate in AIFSD project meetings were necessary.
- Carry out M&E and survey data analysis and reporting writing in English.
- Any other duty as will be assigned by the supervisor.
- Master’s degree in Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics, Monitoring and Evaluation, or related field. Master’s degree in other social science with strong monitoring skills will be considered.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience working in M&E, of which 3 years under USAID projects.
- Solid understanding of USAID-Feed the Future indicators.
- Strong skills in statistical analysis, sampling methodology, and data collection and analysis.
- Experience on the use of FTMS or DIS reporting systems is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability in the use of online data collection software such as ODK, CSPro, Survey Solution and MEASURE.
- Proficiency in use of data analytics packages such as STATA, SPSS and Advanced Microsoft excel.
- Willingness to spend considerable time working under field conditions in rural Kenya.
- Fluent in Kiswahili.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills in English.
- Excellent working environment.
- Generous compensation package commensurate with experience.
- One (1) year term contract with possibility of renewal
- Work in an equal and diverse workplace.
- This is mid-level position, and the salary range goes from 142,800 Ksh to 191,482 Ksh and will commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The position is Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position limited to Kenya nationals and permanent residents only. The employment contract will be for one (1) year (with a 3-month probation period). Any offer made with regards to this vacancy is conditional to the formal award of the afore-mentioned grant.