Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
VACANCIES IN THE DEPARTMENT OF WATER & SANITATION
CHIEF SUPERINTENDING ENGINEER (WATER AND SEWERAGE) – (1 POST)
Terms of service: Permanent & Pensionable
Scale Job Group P
Salary scale – Kshs. 87,360 x 3,190 – 90,550 x 4,490 – 95,040 x 4,860 – 99,900 x 5,010 – 104,910 x 5,240 – 110,150 x 5,500 – 115,650 x 5,780 – 121,430 p.m.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities at this level will include:- carrying out feasibility studies; planning and designing water supply and sewerage infrastructures; carrying out research activities in various aspects of water, sewerage and hydraulic systems; ensuring professional standards and undertaking quality control during construction of water supply and sewerage works undertaken directly or by contract; maintaining water supply and sewerage systems; monitoring and evaluation of physical and financial progress of development projects and programmes; being a Resident Engineer of a project; and preparing technical tender documents on water supply and sewerage infrastructure.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must: –
- Have served in the grade of Senior Superintending Engineer (Water and Sewerage) for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Have Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Water and Environmental Engineering from a recognized institution;
- Have Master’s degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized institution;
- Be registered by Engineers Registration Board of Kenya as an Engineer;
- Have certificate in Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Be a member of the Institution of Engineers of Kenya (IEK);
- Have certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution; and
- Have demonstrated general administrative ability required for direction, control and implementation of water and sewerage engineering programs and projects.
HOW TO APPLY
Written applications enclosing Dully filled Makueni Job Application Form, Current Curriculum Vitae, Copies of academic and professional certificates and ID card should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to;
The Ag. Chief Executive Officer
Makueni County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 49 – 90300
Or delivered by hand at the reception desk at Makueni County Public Service Board Offices located past Makueni Girls, Opposite Wote Technical Training Institute to be received on or before 5:00 p.m. on Monday 27th September, 2021.
- The Job Application Form can be downloaded from the County Public Service Board website; makuenipsb.go.ke
- Candidates should attach relevant professional certificates, National Identity Card and professional registration certificate (where necessary).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original National Identity cards, Certificates and Testimonials at the interview.
- The Makueni County Government is an equal opportunity employer; Youth, Women, Persons with Disabilities and other disadvantaged persons are encouraged to apply.
- Affirmative action as stipulated in the constitution shall be applied.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Board does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. Payment of any form of fee will lead to automatic disqualification.
Ag. Chief Executive Officer
MAKUENI COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD