Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Eastern and Southern African Trade and Development Bank, trading as Trade Development Bank (TDB), is a specialized African multilateral financial institution serving public and private sector clients in most of the Eastern and Southern African states. TDB’s objective is to provide short, medium, and long-term financing to viable trade, projects, and infrastructure transactions in its member states.
TDB aims to attract and retain exceptionally talented professionals by offering a conducive working environment and attractive salaries and benefits. In line with its growth strategy, TDB is looking for self-motivated and results oriented professionals to join a team committed to building a world class financial institution aimed at promoting trade, economic development, and regional integration. Interested and qualified candidates who are nationals of TDB’s member states are therefore invited to apply for the subject position. The position is based in Nairobi, Kenya as the preferred location or at one of TDB’s regional offices.
The Analyst supports coverage and lending operations teams by conducting due diligence on companies and industries by carrying out research and analyzing financial and market data and analyzing financial information relating to specific financing or investment opportunities – such as Income Statements, Balance Sheets and cashflow statements and preparing reports and investment papers to support investment decisions.
The duties and responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Conduct research on market developments, new investment products, macroeconomic and sector trends.
- Prepare up-to-date reports giving insight into COMESA markets and key sectors.
- Prepare proposals, presentations and pitch books for financing and investment tender opportunities.
- Provide financial modelling support for the Bank’s long-term business planning, forecasting, the annual planning process, and other monthly reporting aimed at informing investment decisions.
- Ad-hoc reporting and continual process improvement to increase efficiencies across the business.
- Prepare monthly Finance presentations for the Executive team, summarising key financial metrics, highlighting variances and presenting forward-looking projections.
Qualifications and Competencies
- A Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Commerce, Engineering, or related field, with relevant professional qualification such as ACCA, CPA, CFA or equivalent as added advantage.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience in a professional services firm, investment bank and/or cross border commercial lending environment.
- Strong analytical and quantitative orientation with financial modeling knowledge.
- The candidate should have a genuine interest in development finance and capital market development, particularly in the African context.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, manage dynamic priorities, strong professional independence, unquestionable integrity and able to work under pressure to deliver on strict deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Result oriented individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual proficiency in Portuguese and English is preferred. Fluency in Portuguese is mandatory.
Interested and qualified candidates should express their interest by submitting their applications by 15th October 2021.
Applications should include a resume, academic and professional certificates, full contact address and the names and addresses of three referees.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted further. TDB is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.