Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Centre For Health Solution Kenya is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation with in-depth understanding of the local context, utilising local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence informed solutions and interventions to existing and emerging public health concerns.
CHS is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of a Regional Officer: (NMS)/ Nairobi County.
Overall Job Function
Reporting to the Senior Technical Officer – Drug Sensitive TB and Regional Support, and working closely with the Nairobi Metropolitan Services, County Tuberculosis and Leprosy Coordinator (CTLC), the incumbent shall be responsible for coordinating the implementation and scale up of TB control activities in Nairobi County, in liaison with the NTLD-Program, and other USAID and CDC implementing partners. The support will include among others, active case finding, scale up of TB diagnostics including GeneXpert and Truenat, TB Preventive Therapy (TPT) scale up, quality improvement in TB control, childhood TB activities and documentation of best practices and lessons learned in the region.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the co-creation, co-implementation and routine monitoring of the County work plan
- Providing technical support (including trainings, continuous medical education and mentorship) alongside the CTLC, implementing partners and Ministry of Health officials within the county
- Providing direct technical and administrative support to high volume facilities in the region
- Coordinating support for TB services among implementing partners in the region
- In collaboration with CTLC and implementing partners, provide support for scale-up of new WHO recommended TB diagnostics, TB preventive therapy, active TB case finding, and childhood TB services
- In collaboration with the CTLC, and other partners, provide support for high quality Programmatic Management of Drug Resistant TB (PMDT) services including coordination of drug resistant TB clinical meetings, surveillance and high quality care and treatment
- In collaboration with the CTLC and partners, support the design and implementation of TB infection prevention and control plans across health facilities in the county
- Participating in quarterly TB review meetings in the County
- Participating in joint supportive supervision of health facilities
- In collaboration with the CTLC and other partners, coordinate the implementation and monitoring of various TB quality improvement activities at facility level
- Participating in various County and national TB/HIV technical working groups, and GeneXpert meetings
- Representing the TB ARC II activity at county level to the Ministry of Health and other stakeholders in the county
- Alongside the CTLC, support and coordinate TB ECHO sessions to build capacity in the county
- Monitoring, documentation and sharing of best practices, ‘success stories’ and publications within the county and the project
- To provide technical support at national level forums and technical working groups as needed.
Qualification and skills required
- A registered Medical Doctor or Clinical Officer; MPH will be an added advantage.
- At least four (4) years progressive TB-related clinical experience
- At least three (3) years experience working in an NGO setting or engagement with private health providers
- Working knowledge in project management, capacity building, networking, operational research, monitoring and evaluation, financial management and people management
- Experience in TB, HIV/AIDS, and implementation of the community health strategy
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience working with US Government donor agencies and familiarity with United States Government rules and regulations is desired
- Demonstrate ability to write best practices or publications.
How To Apply
Interested applicants who meet the minimum criteria are invited to email their applications and detailed CVs with contact details of three referees to email@example.com clearly indicating the subject as Regional Officer: Nairobi Metropolitan Services (NMS)/ Nairobi County (CHS/HR/USAID/RO/01/2021) by 5.00PM, September 27, 2021.
Centre for Health Solutions-Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.