Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About Evidence Action
Our organization was founded in 2013 to address a big gap in the fight against global poverty–many of the most promising interventions are either implemented at a very small scale, or not at all. We set out to address this gap by building programs that would scale evidence-based and cost-effective interventions, leading to significant improvements in quality of life for hundreds of millions of people.
Our model worked. In less than a decade, our two flagship programs, the Deworm the World Initiative and Dispensers for Safe Water, have grown to measurably impact over 280 million people each year. This success is achieved through the dedication and talent of our staff, the hard work of our partners, and the commitment of our supporters.
By 2024, we seek to double our impact. We are strengthening and expanding our existing programs, and working to identify a new generation of evidence-based and cost-effective interventions that we can scale to reach millions more.
Evidence Action is looking for a seasoned and experienced Talent Acquisition Manager to join our growing team. Reporting to the Senior Manager, HR – Africa Region, the Manager, Talent Acquisition is responsible for planning, developing, managing and overseeing talent acquisition processes and strategies with a focus on East and Southern Africa. This includes succession planning, sourcing, candidate screening, background checks, legal compliance, on-boarding and metrics reporting.
The incumbent will work with team leads and in country HR generalists to identify hiring needs, position Evidence Action as an employer of choice and execute top-in- class recruitment strategies to attract, select & place high caliber talent to support organization goals.
** This is a Fixed term (3 year) non-renewable contract
Duties and responsibilities
- Working closely with in-country HR reps, oversee management of full cycle recruitment and placement needs
- Contribute to the development of a sustainable talent acquisition strategy for the Africa Region
- Liaise with hiring managers to determine hiring needs for open positions.
- Lead and manage the sourcing of qualified and suitable candidates for open positions.
- Design, plan and execute selection processes (conduct interviews and screening calls, design and administer assessments).
- In consultation with hiring managers, develop suitable salary packages and negotiate offers with candidates.
- Create and maintain active candidate pools to reduce hiring lead times – foster long-term relationships with past applicants and potential candidates.
- Use HRIS and Recruitment Marketing tools to develop strategies to maintain a talent pipeline.
- Maintain knowledge of recruitment trends, best practices, regulatory changes and related employment laws, and new technologies in HR talent management.
- Develop KPIs for talent acquisition to maintain standards and prepare a periodic reports for regional leadership
- In liaison with Africa Regional Leadership, create & manage a sustainable employer brand
- Managing sourcing platforms e.g. LinkedIn, Glassdoor, BambooHR
- Managing candidate experience throughout the recruitment cycle
- Work with line managers to review job descriptions (on hiring) and update existing job descriptions to match current roles and responsibilities
- Spearhead skills mapping process for the region
- Provide guidance and forecasting for future hiring needs
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field – additional HR qualification will be an added advantage
- Minimum 5 years progressive experience as a talent acquisition specialist
- Demonstrable experience in crafting recruitment and sourcing strategies in a multi -country, multi-cultural context
- In-depth knowledge of full-cycle recruiting and employer branding techniques.
- Experience with HRIS, Applicant Tracking System, Sourcing and Recruitment Marketing tools.
- A determined, creative thinker and a proactive problem solver.
- Prior experience in managing staffing projects and initiatives.
- Ability to collaborate and work well within teams.
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an attention to detail.
- Membership to IHRM
- INGO experience will be an added advantage
The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya and will work closely with the Africa regional leadership and in-country HR representatives.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Evidence Action does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.