Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
I&M Bank is a leading Commercial bank headquartered in Kenya with a growing regional presence. The Bank offers a wide range of commercial banking and financial products and services, and prides itself on introducing innovative products and services based on the needs of its customers. We are seeking to recruit a competent and highly motivated individual with extensive experience and abilities to support business growth in the following position:
REF:MAA/9/2021–MANAGER ASSURANCE AUDIT
The position is responsible for planning, executing and managing assurance audit assignments in accordance with the approved annual assurance Audit Plan and relevant policies, procedures and quality standards. This position is responsible for the quality of the audit work performed and the efficiency and effectiveness of the assurance audit team.
The Incumbent will report to the Chief Audit Executive and will be responsible for:
- Reviewing all draft reports prepared by assurance audit teams to ensure that key weaknesses and existing/potential risks are highlighted and well-presented before approval and final report issuance;
- Conducting audits of sensitive function and functions that undergo significant change, and drafting suitable audit reports;
- Making audit field visits to monitor the audit progress and ensuring the execution of the audit methodology by guiding team members in order to develop their internal audit knowledge and skills;
- Preparing audit planning memo for high risk audit assignments and implementing in consultation with Senior Manager Internal Audit and respective auditees within the Bank to ensure completion of assignments within agreed schedule;
- Developing appropriate audit tests aimed at addressing identified risks and achieving the desired audit objectives as noted in the approved audit planning memo with a view to providing assurance that such risks are effectively managed/ mitigated;
- Ensuring completion of the assurance Audit Plan and providing status at internal audit department meetings;
- Organizing and contributing in the audit team risk assessment and planning meetings for target audit areas and documenting the inputs provided by the rest of the team for effective audit planning and execution;
- Performing quality assurance to ensure that all work delivered, including working papers both meet the standards required as well as supporting the audit findings, recommendations and conclusions;
- Coordinating audit exit meetings and leading the discussions;
- Periodically reviewing assurance audit process to provide feedback to the Senior Manager Internal Audit for any changes to be made;
- Providing constructive feedback on performance evaluation to assurance audit team members engaged in various audit assignments as well as undertaking their formal performance assessments; and
- Organizing the assurance audit reports for BAC files.
- Masters’ degree in Finance, Strategic Management, Accounting, Business or its equivalent from a recognized institution will be an added advantage; and
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or a Business related field from a recognized institution.
At least 7 years relevant experience in Banking and Audit, 2 of which should be at supervisory level
- CPA (K) and CIA professional qualification mandatory, ACCA, CISA, CFE professional qualification an added advantage; and
- Member of Institute of Certified Public Accountants (ICPAK) and Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
- Practical and theoretical knowledge of Banking, Audit, Accounting, Risk management and Information technology.
- High level of knowledge on the internal and external business environment.
- Proficient with the use of CAAT’s.
- Ability to write complex reports, comprehensive reports and to perform complex calculations.
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills; and
- Assertive with excellent people-management skills.
- High levels of personal motivation.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to details
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
If you believe you meet the above requirements log onto our website http://www.imbank.com and click on careers and apply for the position. Your application should reach us as soon as possible but not later than 30th September, 2021.