Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Plan International Kenya’s (PIK) strategic goal in the next five years is to end teenage pregnancies and end all forms of gender-based violence against adolescent girls and young women. We aim to help create an enabling environment where girls and young women are safe, valued, equally cared for and have equal opportunities. PIK will contribute to the global strategy by aiming to reach approximately 3 million girls and young women directly over the period of the strategy 2022-2026 and to reach additional beneficiaries through its interventions.
Plan Kenya’s redefined strategy represents a strategic shift in focus; the Head of Business Development leads in ensuring optimal resourcing of the strategy and is responsible for identifying multiple and diverse sources of funding locally and internationally.As a member of the Plan Kenya leadership team, the Head of Business Development will help formulate, review and revise country business plans, as well as organisational strategies and priorities. S/he leads in the development of new business opportunities in order to generate resources for programme development. S/he will develop and/or review and steward the implementation of the Resource Mobilisation Strategy and ensure PIK’s strategic positioning with Plan International National Offices, partners and donors and maximise opportunities in line with the country strategy. S/he will represent Plan International Kenya at relevant forums and networks whenever appropriate as well and collaborate with colleagues to foster innovation and new product development for resourcing. The position holder will stay abreast of international development policies and best practices with particular attention to issues pertaining to climate change, gender equality, children and young people. S/he will work closely with the Country Director and the Director of Strategy, Program Development and Innovation in identifying, nurturing and strengthening strategic partnerships with donors so as to advance our purpose in Kenya through resourcing of our country strategy.
Do you have what it takes?
- A Master’s Degree in International Relations, Development studies or similar relevant to the position;
- 15 years of relevant experience especially in the INGO Sector with at least 5-7 in Business Development within the INGO or the Private sector;
- Demonstrated track record of proposal writing with a proven fundraising record;
- Proven experience and ability to collaborate with different donors, governments and the private sector;
- Demonstrable working experience in programme design and development; experience in Plan International’s areas of programming preferred;
- Knowledge of developmental agendas in complex and protracted development and humanitarian landscape with pertinent pitch capabilities;
- Experience in funding within this context would be an added advantage
- Ability to communicate effectively and authoritatively on area of expertise, and influence others to reach common goals;
- Experience in leading team, coaching and mentoring, especially managing a large team.
- Demonstrable at influencing stakeholders and consensus building.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
For more information regarding the role specification please click on the below link:
Type of Role: 2 year FTC
Reports to: Country Director
Competitive salary and package available
Closing Date:6th October 2021
Anticipated 1st round interviews – Week commencing 11th October
Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for.