Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Equity Afia (EQA) was established in 2015 under the umbrella of the Equity Group Foundation in response to the growing need for affordable and accessible quality healthcare for Kenyans.
The Equity Afia clinic network has over 44 medical centres in 17 counties across the country operated in a franchise model. The facilities are run by qualified and experienced doctors who are alumni of the Equity Leaders Program to offer affordable, high quality integrated 7 standardized health services.
Department: Equity Afia
The Accounts Payable Accountant shall report to the finance manager, and they shall be responsible for:
- Obtain proper information and/or data regarding invoice payments
- Assemble invoices to be completed for payment
- Review invoices and requisitions for satisfactory payment approval
- Posting, keeping track of all due Equity Afia central payments and expenditures and documentation including purchase orders, invoices, statements, etc.
- Reconciling processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Maintaining historical records. Clarify any questionable invoice items, prices or receiving signatures
- Initiating and processing all central payments relating to Equity Afia head office including verifying expense claims and preparing payments
- Paying vendors by scheduling online payments and ensuring payment is received for outstanding credit
- Responding to all supplier/vendor enquiries regarding finance
- Preparing analyses of due accounts and producing monthly reports
- Maintain copies of vouchers, invoices or correspondence necessary for files
- Reconcile bank statements
- Provide a continuous feedback loop to continue to improve the payment process
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of all payment activities & payable status weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Ensuring goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, safety, quality and performance.
- CPA II & above
- Degree in Commerce, Accounting, Business Management, Finance, Economics, Business Studies or any related degree
- Data entry skills with attention to detail
Experience / Competencies
- 3 years’ post-qualification experience in accounting, preferrably in the health sector
- Prior experience in accounts payable department preferred
- Strong presentation & communications skills.
- Experience and strong competence in analysis & report writing.
- Proficiency in accounting packages
- Able to prioritise clearly, handle multiple tasks, set clear objectives & work across teams.
- Capacity to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
- Team-player with good inter-personal skills.
How To Apply