Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Requisition ID: req20277
Job Title: ERP Data Migration Specialist (National Contract)
Sector: Information Technology
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.” (Albert Einstein)
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and in 22 US cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IT department supports the organization’s work by providing reliable and scalable applications and infrastructure for the IRC’s offices in the US and around the world, including many technologically challenging locations.
The IT department supports the organization’s work by providing reliable and scalable applications and infrastructure of the IRC’s offices in the US and around the world. An integral component of this effort is the implementation of an ERP solution, Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Operations.
The ERP Data Migration Specialist is focused on ensuring the successfully conversion of legacy data into the ERP system, and ongoing operations of ETL processes. Primary responsibilities include data conversions, mapping from legacy systems, and assisting with development and operations of automated ETL systems in support of ERP. Additional responsibilities include data analysis, data quality management, developing business rules, and ad-hoc data reporting.
· Develop, manage, and execute data mapping and conversions for imports of master and historical data
· Participate in automated ETL design, implementation, testing, performance tuning, documentation, and operational management
· Perform analysis, cross-referencing, merging, and consolidation of data from multiple sources
· Collaborate with staff and vendors, including Data Architect, System Architects, and Business System Managers to contribute to current and future design, implementation, and documentation of data, metadata, and overall systems data architecture
· Collaborate with QA teams to ensure appropriate technical and business testing of data conversion and ETL operations
· Support as necessary the daily administration and performance of the IRC’s systems for users throughout IRC’s field and headquarters operations and external partners
· Ensure that IRC systems security policy standards
· Create and maintain systems documentation including processes and procedures, data architecture, functionality, security, and policies
· Participate in execution of systems change management processes
· Participate in business continuity testing
· Perform third-level support functions for IRC business systems
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Key Working Relationships
Position Reports to: Business Systems Manager
Position directly supervises: N/A
Indirect Reporting: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
– Applications Group team members, in particular Data Architect, Software Development Manager
– Project Business Owners, business project team members outside IT, and wider stakeholders
– Subject Matter Experts across other departments
– Project Managers and Project Coordinators in the Project Management team
– Vendors and Consultants
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
· 2+ years of experience working with SQL queries, stored procedures
· 2+ years of experience managing data analysis, conversions, source to target mappings, testing, and operations
· 1+ years of experience with automated ETL tools
· Strong understanding of data quality concepts and processes
· Familiarity with Microsoft Excel
· Experience with full lifecycle ERP implementations and typical master data requirements
· Ability to constantly learn and adapt to new technologies
· Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal (i.e. day-to-day discussions, team meetings, workshops) and written (requirements and design specifications) form, as well as an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communications
· Strong analytic curiosity and innovative problem solving skills using a systems thinking and evidence-driven approach
· Good active listening skills and strong attention to detail
· Strong presentation and communication skills
· Proven ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, cross-functional team structure
Preferred Additional Qualifications
· Knowledge of Microsoft 365 for Finance and Operations (formerly AX) related data structures and entities
· Software development experience
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Access
· Working proficiency of data modeling, normalization, entity-relationship diagrams, star schemas, data warehousing, entity models, and other data design concepts
· Experience with Business Intelligence tools and methods such as PowerBI, and Tableau
· Experience with system integrations through APIs
· Experience in the NGO sector in the delivery of systems across varying IT infrastructure and low/intermittent bandwidth scenarios
· Standard office working environment.
· Some international travel as needed.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.