Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Location : Dagahaley Refugee camp, Garissa County
Start date : October 2021
Length of contract : 12 months fixed term contract (with 3 months’ probation period) renewable based on performance
The selected candidate will be reporting to the Logistics Manager.
Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders (MSF)
Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organization providing assistance to people affected by armed conflicts, epidemics, natural or non-natural disasters or persons excluded from access to health care. The organisation has health projects in more than 70 countries.
Supervising the daily logistics activities and providing maintenance to the MSF equipment, facilities and infrastructures, according to MSF standards and protocols in order to maintain the facilities in perfect conditions and collaborate in the development of the mission.
- Monitoring maintenance activities of infrastructures, management of non-medical stocks and equipment according to MSF standards
- Ensuring the check and follow-up of facilities under the line manager’s supervision through daily visits to the facilities and reporting any anomalies or problems, evaluation of the rehabilitation needs and following up minor building rehabilitation work according to supervisor’s instructions; checking that premises observe security norms and monitoring the consumption of mechanical and electrical vehicles/machines/devices
- Planning together with the line manager the required checks and maintenance activities of energy systems/set-up according to MSF standards
- Coordinating and leading the logistics team under his/her responsibility which includes daily supervision, monitoring of the quality of work and the definition of each person’s task, drawing up their working schedules; organizing and leading team meetings; participating in the recruitment of team personnel and attending logistics meetings and accounting for his activities
- Ensuring the vehicle fleet maintenance which includes planning and overseeing timely preventive and curative maintenance of all project vehicles according to MSF standards and Instructing and monitoring drivers on correct driving habits and standard checks
- Managing and following up orders which includes collecting logistics orders coming from different departments or health facilities; drawing up and following up orders according to the procedures in force; providing technical support to the storekeeper, makes local purchases according to MSF supply procedures and ensures reception conditions of freight or arriving material as well as the organization and setting up of materials before its shipment
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Ensure the proper use monitoring and maintenance of the installations and equipment in the MSF compound according to MSF policies.
- Ensure correct operation of VHF, HF, and satellite phone and project mobile phones.
- Maintain the office IT network of computers, printers, switches, routers and satellite.
- Monitor generator and vehicles fuel stocks; send weekly fuel reports to the line manager and logistic coordination.
- Ensure that the fleet of vehicles meets the needs of the project in terms of size and quality is maintained; propose any necessary changes to the line manager
- Oversee the effective management and regular maintenance of the vehicle fleet and correct completion of the logbook.
- Organise transport daily movements in conjunction with the line manager taking into account the needs of the project and security consideration.
- Ensure the security of persons and goods during transportation.
- Ensure transport CSP is known and followed.
- Update assets inventory of the project on monthly basis or when new equipment is received in the project.
- Manage and supervise the team of drivers, radio operators and log helper.
- Ensure up to date job descriptions, evaluations, duty roosters and leave plans for the staff.
- Ensure routine maintenance of all generators in the project are done after every 250 hours and record on the generator logbook
- Ensure frequent cleaning of the fuel tanks.
- In charge of maintenance of the fuel piping system.
- Ensure generator rooms in hospital and staff compound are kept clean at all times
- Maintenance of the water pumps in the compound and hospital.
- Evaluate training needs identify candidates and take part in on-going training
- Actively participate in meetings and trainings.
Education: Essential secondary education and formal technical training
Experience: At least one year in MSF or 2 years in a similar post out of MSF
Languages: Mission language essential (English); local language desirable (Somali/Kiswahili)
Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
Competencies: Results and Quality Orientation L2
Teamwork and Cooperation L2
Behavioural Flexibility L2
to MSF Principles L2
Stress Management L3
If you meet the above requirements, please send your CV, motivation letter on or before the 6th October 2021
MSF will not consider applications of persons aged 58 years and above and will require medical certificate to ascertain candidates do not have an underlying medical condition to avoid exposure to risk.
We apologize that due to the volume of application we receive only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
(MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)