Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. The organization provides research, development, and technical services to government and commercial clients in more than 75 countries.
RTI International is planning to conduct an in-depth study to examine the national size of the renewable energy industry investments in Kenya, estimated resultant green jobs and provide informed projections of the potential for creating more green jobs. The 9-12 months research study expects to identify and utilize a clear methodology for development practitioners and donors to measure the potential job creation impacts of investing in clean energy.
RESEARCH ASSISTANT – KENYA (9-months fixed term contract)
RTI International seeks to recruit a Research Assistant, to be based in Nairobi, Kenya under Green Jobs Research Project.
The Research Assistant will work closely with the technical teams in conducting literature review, developing interview tools, data management, recruiting participants, supporting key informants’ interviews, obtaining consents, maintaining files, scheduling and conducting interviews, assisting with data analysis and generating correspondence, reports and graphics. She/he will support the successful delivery of a research project to be implemented by RTI International in Kenya.
- Support the lead researchers in conducting literature review and synthesis secondary data.
- Work with technical teams to design research instruments.
- Work with the technical teams to execute a survey by administering questionnaires, conducting physical and follow-up phone interviews with study participants, as per the set guidelines and procedures.
- Work with the research firm and technical teams to ensure consistency of data parameters and adherence to the survey guidelines and instruments.
- Liaise with research firm and technical teams to perform appropriate data entry quality checks to ensure accuracy.
- Liaise with researchers to ensure accurate and detailed data transcription.
- Work with the research firm and technical teams to coordinate data collection and clean various datasets.
- Coordinate with the survey team and notify the core team of any misinformation or feedback.
- Liaising with RTI Nairobi regional office, RTI home office in the US, the research firm and Strathmore University to support coordination of project meetings and dissemination of research findings to various stakeholders.
- Inform the core team of any mistakes or lack of details with the proposed questions or questionnaires.
- Closely adhere to protocols regarding data quality, sampling, information management and protection of study participants.
- Maintain accurate records of interviews, safeguarding the confidentiality of subjects, as necessary.
- Provide ready access to all experimental data for the lead researcher/supervisor.
- Prepare, maintain, and update website materials.
- Attend project seminars and other meetings as necessary.
- Prepare progress reports, articles and presentations.
- Monitor the project budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, engineering, energy, environment, development public policy, law, statistics, communication or a related field.
- Master’s degree in economics, engineering, energy, environment, development, public policy, law, statistics, communication or a related field is an added advantage.
- Detail oriented and able to work independently.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills required, including excellent editing skills.
- Excellent research and analytical skills required.
- Ability to plan effectively and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to manage and monitor a budget
- Fluency in English is required.
Skills and abilities
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to listen and communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Physical and mental demands
Physical and mental demands of this role include those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, as outlined above. Examples include: remaining in a stationary position for long periods of time; operating a computer and other office machinery; thinking, learning, and concentrating effectively and frequently communicating with other people, both within RTI and outside of RTI; frequently moving about inside and travel between offices; ability to handle the stress associated in meeting frequent, multiple and tight deadlines, ability to work in excess of 40 hours per week as workload and deadlines may require, ability to have regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.