Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture based in Nairobi, Kenya. We undertake three exciting lines of work:
- We provide safe, sustainable sanitation services to residents living in urban informal settlements of Nairobi and Kisumu using end-to-end non-sewered sanitation solutions. Watch here!
- We implement a circular economy model to sustainably manage sanitation and organic waste generated in cities. Using technologies developed in-house, we upcycle the waste into insect-based protein for animal feed, organic fertilizer, and biomass fuel. We operate the largest organics recycling plant in East Africa. Watch here!
- We partner with cities to develop and deliver safe sanitation and waste management for urban residents. Using a systematic methodology, we match cities’ sanitation and waste management needs with technology and service delivery models, and then offer clear guidance on the steps that governments, funders, service providers and technology developers can take to develop and implement integrated service delivery systems.
Operational since 2011, Sanergy serves over 140,000 urban residents with safe sanitation services every day. Sanergy collects and treats over 12,000T of waste per year, and successfully sells its agricultural end-products to farmers in over 20 counties in Kenya, who see improved yields and increased incomes. At the same time, we have built a team of over 400 employees from diverse backgrounds who solve diverse problems, but all embody the drive, creativity, teamwork, and passion that make us achieve our goals. For our work, we have been recognized by the Gates Foundation as one of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals accelerator; by Fast Company as one of the 10 most innovative companies in the world doing social good and one of the 10 best companies in Africa, and the Food Planet Prize for our innovative circular economy approach.
About the Role
We at Sanergy are looking for a Technical Procurement Associate to improve our technical procurement process and offer support to the maintenance, engineering & procurement team in meeting their technical procurement needs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with the maintenance team on collection and delivery of parts from and to site.
- Approach vendors to get quotes for purposes of populating the technical procurement sourcing database.
- Propose new vendors to be trialled out for technical procurement sourcing.
- Address emergency technical procurement sourcing needs from operations teams such as maintenance by ensuring that requests are adhered to in the shortest time possible
- Come up with proactive solutions to cater for urgent technical procurement sourcing requests
- Review historical and competitive costs to identify cost savings opportunities and variances
- Analyze category, service, material, and vendor costs to provide key decision information
- Ensure sourcing databases are up to date and accurate.
- Engage maintenance, procurement and Ops teams to and develop prioritise sourcing requests.
- Engage procurement to follow through with payments “
- Engage vendors and suppliers to get quotations
- Create a daily and weekly tactical plan of technical procurement sourcing activities
- Propose ways to improve sourcing and overall procurement processes to reduce delivery timelines
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Engineering or Procurement.
- CIPS certification would be an advantage.
- MUST have participated in an engineering procurement project.
- Solid Knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy and systems.
- Experience in Technical Sourcing in the manufacturing sector.
- Great negotiating skills, attention to detail, critical thinker and disciplined approach to work.
Sameer / Kinanie
15th October 2021