Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Sightsavers are recruiting for a Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL) Manager for the USAID funded Global Labour Programme – Kenya.
Location: Sightsavers KCO, Nairobi, Kenya
Contract: Two Year Fixed Term with possibility for extension
Salary: Local terms and conditions apply
About the role
This exciting role will be part of the global MEL team at Sightsavers but based in Sightsavers Kenya Country Office working closely with programme staff from across the consortium to coordinate and oversee programme MERL activities. Main responsibilities will include:
- Leading the development of the programme level results framework to monitor programme performance and progress
- Working with the Chief of Party to coordinate and support consortium partners
- Developing a MERL plan/ strategy outlining programme research and learning questions
- Coordinating consortium partners’ inputs
- Overseeing the development, conduct, dissemination and use of evidence by all partners throughout the programme
- Ensure all MERL activities are conducted in line with donor and national best practice and legal requirements
- Stimulating and contributing to learning processes
- Facilitating and curating cross-consortium learning and knowledge sharing
We are looking for team player who is collaborative and able to hit the ground running. You’ll be confident and competent working within an adaptive programming environment and you’ll have extensive experience of working with USAID (ideally) or other donors. To succeed in this role you will need:
- A commitment to Sightsavers’ values, working with marginalised groups, and inclusive development
- A Masters level degree in a relevant field or subject (e.g. international development, social inclusion, social sciences), or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrable experience in a leadership MERL position within the international development sector
- Excellent technical skills in monitoring, evaluation, research and learning. For example, developing theories of change, designing MERL plans, writing logframes, managing oversight processes, sharing evidence and communicating learning.
- Understanding and knowledge of adaptive management and corresponding MEL approaches
- Experience working within a USAID programme and familiarity with USAID reporting requirements
- Experience of working across multiple countries and diverse cultures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including an excellent of English
This is an involved role and full details many be found within the job description. Please note that this post is subject to contract finalisation.
How to apply
Please complete an application via our recruitment portal, ensuring that you complete all sections of the application form carefully and pay particular attention to the sections around your motivations for applying for this role.
As an equal opportunities employer we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
We anticipate that remote interviews, to include a scenario-based presentation task, will take place in mid-October 2021.