Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Growth Manager | East Africa
Sistema.bio is a leading social enterprise operating in Latin America, India, and Africa by bringing technology, training and financing to farmers. Headquartered in Mexico City, Sistema.bio promotes a world where waste is a resource, and farmers are empowered and productive. We manufacture, sell, install and finance our patented biodigester systems for small and medium scale farmers to convert their waste into economic, health and environmental benefits.
By the end of 2021, our goal is to have installed biodigesters for over 200,000 people in 15 countries where they lack access to clean, renewable and cost-effective energy. Sistema.bio is the 2019 Ashden Clean cooking Awards winner and the 2017 Buckminster Fuller Institute Finalist. Our Founder Alex Eaton is an Ashoka and Endeavor Fellow.
You can be a part of this impact story!
Who is the Growth Manager at Sistema.bio?
Reporting to the Chief Growth Officer, you will be responsible for finding and closing new business opportunities in the East Africa region to grow our sales revenue. You’ll be in charge of:
- Identifying, researching and making recommendations on new business partnerships and opportunities to generate revenue.
- Pitching to potential business partners, in various formats (in writing, online meetings, etc)
- Contracting and negotiating with potential business partners
- Maintaining the database of contracts and contacts for commercial partnerships is always up to date
- Monitoring key deliverables and milestones and reporting regularly on necessary actions.
- Managing the performance of the partner organizations, and the supporting contracts to ensure proper execution of agreed terms
- Writing proposals, searching for new scale-up opportunities, hosting events or special meetings as needed
- Capturing best practices and enhancing the partnership frameworks in collaboration with the Chief Growth Officer
More about you
- BA/BS degree required.
- 3-5 years relevant work experience in renewable energy, agriculture or any other relevant field in at least two countries in East Africa
- You are fluent in data analysis and data processing tools like analytics tools, data visualization tools, A/B testing tools, excel, etcYou’re a problem solver, structured, organised and highly self-driven.
- You are experimental at heart; embrace failure and use the results to draw actionable conclusions
- You have a deep understanding of various customer acquisition channels and customer behavior
What it is like to work at Sistema.bio
- Entrepreneurial culture: Your ideas matter. We believe in empowering people to own their projects and be able to take responsibility for them
- Passion and purpose: Working at Sistema.bio, you will work with a very passionate team that believes strongly in working for the social and environmental impact they want
- A growing team with growing opportunities: Sistema.bio is on its way to double in size in the coming years. This growth will open new roles, new countries and a world of new opportunities! We have a roll-up-your-sleeves culture where we offer new opportunities for our team members’ careers and aspirations based on their skills, interests and aspirations.
- Time in the field with the small and medium-scale farmers: At Sistema.bio, we are passionate about understanding and serving our customers: small and medium-scale farmers. Working with Sistema.bio, we will make sure that regardless of your background, you get to spend time in the field with farmers and genuinely understand their challenges and their everyday concerns.
- We care about your career progression: We have a strong culture of training and investing in developing our people. As a Sistema.bio employee, you will have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to training programs, and clear tracking of your performance and career development twice a year.
- Work-life balance: At Sistema.bio, we know you are at your best when you are rested and healthy. We therefore give you generous holidays options, parental leave, we pay for your health protection and give you options to work remotely when needed and possible.
- Gender Equality: Sistema.bio is committed to gender equality in the workplace. Thanks to our Gender policies and efforts women represent 57% of the Global team for example, and 27% of our overall workforce. We have flexible hours and expressing spaces for lactating mothers.
We’re excited to hear from you and your expectations for this role. Kindly prepare a one-page motivation letter that answers the following questions (only candidates who have answered these two questions in the motivation letter will be considered in the interview process):
- Based on your experience, what is the best way to set yourself up for success in your first three months of work?
- Based on what you have learned of our business, what is the best way for us to approach commercial growth in a B2B methodology in the East African region?
How To Apply