Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position Summary: Thrive! Supervisors will be part of our youth-led youth-oriented mental health care program and delivery system that integrates two essential elements: 1) a rigorously tested evidence-based mental health intervention (the Shamiri, or “Thrive!” in Kiswahili, intervention) that includes simple, empirically supported psychological elements, uses stigma-free, culturally appropriate content, and 2) dissemination in secondary schools by youths trained as lay-providers and integration into a three-tier mental health care model that brings together youth lay-providers and expert clinicians and psychiatrists. Thrive! Supervisors will supervise our Thrive! Fellows. Thrive! Supervisors will report to the Senior Programme Associate.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervising Thrive! Fellows throughout their tenure (training through program wrap up)
- Completing a supervisor training program and attending and assisting with Thrive! Fellow training.
- Attending all program sessions to which you are assigned and always arriving on time.
- Assisting with logistical aspects of program delivery, particularly in preparation for and during program delivery at schools.
- Acting as a line of communication between Thrive! Fellows and AMHRTF staff.
- Acting, with supervision, to help ensure participant and Thrive! Fellows’ wellbeing, confidentiality, and safety.
- Attending meetings with fellow supervisors and relaying information promptly outside of meetings when necessary.
- Develop and submit weekly reports highlighting the following: special cases reported, challenges reported during the week, positive highlights of the week and any other information that will be required.
- Work with AMHRTF project officer to resolve basic level issues and disputes among fellows.
- Help with orientation, onboarding, and training of the Thrive! Fellows as and when needed.
- Have a diploma/bachelor’s degree in psychology, counseling, or clinical psychology.
- Experience in counseling, wellness, psychology, or mental health work (e.g., having worked as a group counselor).
- Demonstrate the ability to recognize and reflect on one’s own values, attitudes, beliefs, biases, emotions, and past experiences. Use mistakes as opportunities for growth.
- Demonstrate interest in helping others and ensuring their confidentiality, fair treatment, safety, and wellbeing.
- Possess strong organizational and problem-solving skills; show that you are highly responsible.
- Possess strong time management skills and a strong sense of punctuality.
- Possess strong communication skills both with supervisors and supervisors.
- Possess a strong desire to learn.
- Possess strong report writing skills.
How To Apply
Successful candidates will be engaged on a 1-year contract.
Each supervisor will be paid KES 40,000 per month.
Application Instructions: We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to send an application letter and a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate THRIVE! SUPERVISOR 2021 as the subject line. Applications should be received by 29th September, 2021.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.