Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
This newly established position of the Senior Manager, People Development and Culture (SM, PDC) will be an integral member of the Human Resources Department. This position will be responsible for developing and implementing an organization wide learning and development strategy that facilitates and drives individual development and capacity building aligned to AWF’s strategies. In addition, the position will support culture change initiatives across the organization and provide backstopping support to the line manager. The position aims to design programs that will expand talent and skills across all employees at all levels within the organization, fundamentally promote the organization’s success, by coaching and developing its people , backstop generalist HR functions and support the line manager with other departmental responsibilities as needed. This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya, and will report to the Director, HR and Culture and functionally supervise the Senior Officer, Youth Leadership.
Learning and Development
- Conduct Training Needs Analysis using both structured and unstructured methods to capture requirements across the organization; identify current and future developmental needs at the individual level that support career progression, and capacity building requirements at the institutional level;
- Conceptualize and implement innovative and flexible methods to address the developmental and capacity building needs identified, including identification of external training programs and conferences, the design and delivery of in-house training sessions, enrollment in online learning programs, mentoring, self-learning, and other methods as appropriate;
- Develop a comprehensive Learning and Development Plan based on the developmental needs and methods identified;
- Drive and facilitate the implementation of the Learning and Development Plan to ensure smooth execution with effective outcomes; providing thought leadership around program design and delivery;
- Monitor and evaluate the different methods used; continuously improving the approach, process and methods as appropriate;
- Organize and oversee the New Hire onboarding programmes to help new hires settle in well and quickly
- Oversee the internship program and in collaboration with other teams support other learning programs e.g. Youth Fellowship Program
- Refine existing systems and processes, and set up new processes as required, including: preparing and tracking the annual learning and development Budget; creating and updating the Training Calendar; tracking training attendance; capturing feedback on training programs as well as conferences and workshops attended
- In Co-lead the redesign and establishment of an appropriate curricula of the Conservation Management and Leadership Program (CLMP) and coordinate the day to day aspects of the program
- Coordinate the development, delivery and evaluation of a suite of management and leadership development programs
- Plan and assess the ‘return on investment’ of any training or development programme Implement and administer regular staff surveys to get feedback on the development programs and discuss plans with managers
- Contribute to the review of learning and development policies and ensure they are aligned to the realities and best practices
- Collaborate with HR team on suggested training needs per individual departments across countries
- Guide managers to formulate individual learning plans
- Contribute to the design and implementation of succession plans
- Lead the values socialization process
- Participate in the change management process
- Support initiatives that improve the employer value proposition
- Conduct annual staff surveys and follow up on actions on issues raised
- Co-lead the management of the staff committee
- Represent AWF in the selected working groups and or committees
- Backstop other Human Resources Generalist roles as needed
- Undertake other departmental responsibilities as requested
- Master’s degree in the Human Resources Management, Social sciences or related.
- At least 10+ years relevant experience in Human Resources with at least 5 years in senior management roles
- Demonstrated experience in developing people development, and succession planning
- Relevant certifications and memberships including CHRP, SHRM etc.
- Previous work experience in NGOs is preferred
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills
- Innovative and proactive nature of decision making
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English. French proficiency is a strong advantage
- Comfort working with all levels of staff
- Strong organizational skills
- Fluency in written English . Knowledge of French is desired
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential matters with the highest level of professional
- Ability to work as part of a team in a multicultural environment
- Willingness to travel occasionally, sometimes to remote areas
- As this position is heavily anchored in AWF’s conservation programs, interest in conservation is strongly desired.