Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
BE PART OF THE WORLD’S LARGEST LOGISTICS COMPANY
Deutsche Post DHL Group is the world’s leading logistics and mail company.
We’re one of the world’s largest employers, operating in over 220 countries and territories.We’re Europe’s largest postal service, partner fore Commerce and pioneers in secure digital communication. We’re number one in contract logistics and international express delivery, and a leader in the forwarding business.
Join us and you’ll be working for a global company that’s focused on service, quality and sustainability, and using the power of global trade to connect people and improve lives.
And not just for our Customers, but for every member of our Group too.
At DHL Supply Chain Kenya we’re looking for…
Transport Management Systems Specialist – Kenya
This is a busy, fast paced operation which offers many challenges and opportunities for the right person. This position is based at Nairobi
To Provide consultation, guidance and problem solving expertise with respect to complex technical issues of infrastructure, design, methods, tools etc to ensure that a robust, maintainable, high quality, standards-compliant business applications software (TMS) environment is developed and maintained with any weak links removed. Leading and supporting internal improvement initiatives and programsby Ensuring the maximum availability and minimum disruption to the given service.Ensuring that all agreed targets, SLA’s and Metrics are met and Conducts regular service reviews with all interested parties to monitor business satisfaction.
All employees, Departmental Managers Performance Indicators
• Target resolution times for Service-specific incidents are defined in specific SLA’s.
• The Service Quality Index (SQI) measures the performance and availability of the Service.
• Minimise business impact of Emergency incidents
• To drive efficiencies in the support organization and support processes
• Cost saving opportunities identified and implemented”
• Follows quality standards and policies relating to Transport Management systems
• Liaises with staff responsible for the design & development of system enhancements to overcome known problems or further fulfil user requirements
• Acts as Service Owner for regional service.
• Assigned specific project related tasks by PM”
• Manage and support the development of local applications and solutionsthroughout their life cycle
• Manage and .support application implementation team to manage deployment of new releases.
• Manage 3nd level support activities to assure quality funding.
• Build relations with service/application suppliers-monitor provider performance and ensure that the agreed service levels are being met.
• Diversify TMS product portfolio by supporting the implementation of products suchs Kewill,MixTelematics,Roadbase , etc.
• Ensure that service provider organizations deliver all required services according to agreed processes and procedures
• Responsible for the overall success of one or more projects
• Obtains feedback at critical milestones and at project completion to ensure that project efforts meet customer expectations for contracted time, cost, and performance
• Develops detailed project plans, project schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports; tracks key project milestones and adjusts project plans and/or resources to meet needs of customers throughout the project lifecycle
• Communicates major milestones and identifies potential project risks; conducts regular status meetings to review project activities
• Manages changing scope (i.e., change management) and project acceptance criteria
• Utilize project management processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high-quality standards, and meet customer expectations
• Translates project requirements into project objectives and tasks
• Ensure development of a comprehensive Application training plan for assigned team members in agreement with functional management
• Manage the allocation of appropriate resources and commitment of staff to the achievement of the TMS projects and support
• Identifies opportunities for cross-discipline participation and contacts appropriate personnel
• Provide project leadership to project teams and provide constructive feedback to teams as it pertains to project performance
• Establish reporting structures inside the TMS support team
• Define and communicate the roles of team members
• Evaluate and review performance ofteam members”
• Application service management -manage coordinate and resolve application service request
Expected years of experience 5 years experience within IT with minimum 3 years experience in product management
Strong IT Application and Systems architecture, working and support knowledge
Knowledge of Transport and Transport Management Systems
Functional expertise in other areas such as project work, development, change management etc
Fluent in English (verbal and written)
Fluent in Kiswahili (verbal and written)