Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Java House, commonly referred to as ‘Nairobi Java’, opened its first store in 1999 at Adam’s Arcade in Nairobi. With the aim of introducing gourmet coffee drinking culture in Kenya, the first outlet was a coffee shop and later the brand evolved to an American diner style restaurant to its present-day status as a 3 -day part coffee-led, casual dining concept.
Java House is now one of the leading coffee brands in Africa and has grown to have outlets in 14 cities across 3 countries in East Africa (Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda). It has also birthed two sister brands Planet Yoghurt, a healthy, tasty and fun frozen yoghurt store and 360 Degrees Pizza, a casual dining restaurant.
“Welcome to Java. A home away from home
Cooks – Kenya
- Ensure high level of hygiene (food, kitchen and personal) at the branch.
- Ensure production and delivery of quality food products, in their correct portions to the guest.
- Liaise with the manager to obtain guest feedback and take appropriate action where there are concerns.
- Give necessary feedback, reports and advice to the Branch Chef and Manager on issues, challenges or changes within the branch.
- Lead, mentor, and manage cooking team.
- Develop and plan menus and daily specials.
- Create prep lists for kitchen crew.
- Manage food costing and inventory.
- Maintain standards for food storage, rotation, quality, and appearance.
- Ensure compliance with applicable health codes and regulations.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- 1-5 years
How To Apply