Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
MANAGER, FINANCE AND ACCOUNTS, JOB GRADE 3 (1 POST) REF: KICC/MFA/2021
The Manager, Finance and Accounts reports to the Director Corporate Services and is responsible for ensuring prudent management of financial resources and the reporting thereof within existing legal and regulatory framework.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementing sound financial policies, systems and procedures in Compliance with statutory regulations.
- Coordinate the preparation and evaluation of annual and revised Corporation’s and departmental budgets and establish a sound budgetary system.
- Provide technical & professional advice on the optimal capital expenditure decisions, resource allocation and utilization of the Corporation assets.
- Ensure the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and management reports.
- Ensure Management of Receivables and payables.
- Ensure Asset Register is updated.
- Safe custody of accountable documents and financial reports.
- Ensure General Ledgers reconciliation.
- Development and implementation of chart of accounts.
- Enforce financial discipline through strict controls, sensitizing others on financial matters, resource allocation and cost control.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and cost effective solution within the accounting function.
- Planning and Preparation of the Corporation’s budget and ensure implementation and provide leadership in budget management
- Management of financial risks.
- Treasury Management.
- Managing the Corporation’s financial investment and assets.
- Ensure enforcement of proper credit control systems and Debt management.
- Developing supplementary financial regulations and procedures to enhance internal controls established through Treasury regulations and procedures;
- Coordinating the preparation of all financial reconciliations;
- Ensuring Statutory and quarterly management reports are prepared and submitted as per the legal requirements;
- Accounting for funds disbursed to the Corporation.
- Management of staff performance within the department.
- Mentoring and coaching the departmental staff.
- Ensure excellent customer service both to internal and external customers.
- Statutory remittance and compliances.
- Assisting in preparation of Board papers.
- Master’s Degree in any of the following discipline: Commerce, Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or any equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
- Bachelor degree in any of the following disciplines: – Commerce (Accounting or Finance option) or any equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
- A minimum period of eight (8) years relevant work experience three (3) of which should have been at the level of senior officer.
- Membership to the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) as a CPA(K) in good standing.
- Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (CPA, K)
- Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Fulfilling the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Applications must comply with Chapter 6 of the constitution and avail clearance certificates from: –
- Directorate of Criminal investigation (Certificate of good conduct)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Tax compliance
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their application which should include: –
1. One page statement on how you meet the requirements for the position
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Indication of current salary
4. Professional certificates and testimonials
5. Three professional referees
Terms of Offer
The successful candidate’s appointment will be as follows:-
i. Job Grade KICC 2 and KICC 3 shall be appointed contract of five (5) years renewable subject to performance.
ii. Job Grade KICC 4 shall be appointed on permanent and pensionable terms.
Applications should be sent under confidential cover with the envelope clearly marked as per your application Reference.
“Ref: KICC/……………….20……..” not later than 11th October 2021 at 5pm to: –
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta International Convention Centre
P O Box 30746 – 00100
Women, Persons Living with Disabilities and Marginalized are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.