Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Principal Internal Auditor
Job Grade KICC 4
The Principal Internal Auditor reports to the Audit Manager and is responsible for providing assurance on the Corporation’s internal control systems, risk management framework and the governance structure as per the Public Financial Management, (PFM) Act.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
1. Developing a comprehensive programme of engagement coverage for assigned areas;
2. Ensuring conformity to acceptable standards, plans, budgets and schedules;
3. Coordinate the preparation of specific audit assignment plans and programmes;
4. Preparation of the Internal Audit systems, procedures and guidelines;
5. Carrying out audit tests on internal controls in all processes;
6. Ensuring that the audit findings are properly documented;
7. Preparing draft audit reports detailing audit findings;
8. Leading specific audit teams; and
9. Reviewing work programmes to ensure that audits are planned and well managed;
10. Carry out periodic self-assessment as per the Quality Assurance Improvement Programme (QAIP);
11. To compile a follow up report detailing the recommendations for improvement for internal audit activity in line with quality Assurance improvement programme (QAIP).
For appointment to this grade, an officer must:
i. Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
ii. Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
iii. Have a minimum of six (6) years relevant work experience three (3) of which should have been at a supervisory level;
iv. Be a member of any of the following professional bodies- Institute of Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (ICPAK), Institute of Internal Auditors of Kenya (IIA-Kenya), Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA), Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE);
v. Be in possession of any of the following: – CPA (K), CISA, CFE, CIA, Certified Risk Management Professional (CRMP) or its equivalent and either;
vi. Internal Audit Quality Assessors Certification;
vii. Have a certificate in Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
viii. Be proficient in Computer applications;
ix. Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
Applications must comply with Chapter 6 of the constitution and avail clearance certificates from: –
- Directorate of Criminal investigation (Certificate of good conduct)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Tax compliance
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their application which should include: –
1. One page statement on how you meet the requirements for the position
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Indication of current salary
4. Professional certificates and testimonials
5. Three professional referees
Terms of Offer
The successful candidate’s appointment will be as follows:-
i. Job Grade KICC 2 and KICC 3 shall be appointed contract of five (5) years renewable subject to performance.
ii. Job Grade KICC 4 shall be appointed on permanent and pensionable terms.
Applications should be sent under confidential cover with the envelope clearly marked as per your application Reference.
“Ref: KICC/……………….20……..” not later than 11th October 2021 at 5pm to: –
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta International Convention Centre
P O Box 30746 – 00100
Women, Persons Living with Disabilities and Marginalized are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.