Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We are currently looking to hire a Financial Analyst to join our team in Nairobi.
He/she will be responsible for supporting the Financial analysis and providing Business Insights to the business and all stakeholders to drive the business performance.
The role will play an important role in the continuous delivery of high quality financial reporting , Foresights, Budgeting, performance management and supporting the business, management team and the rest of the organization in Maersk.
This is a high-profile role with an opportunity to impact key investment decisions by providing sound financial analysis. Moreover, you will liase with senior stakeholders and experts from the global organisation ensuring that all aspects of decisions are challenged, clearly described and analysed.
You will be responsible for the financial modeling for our new investments, asset management strategy and M&A analysis.
You will report to the Area Finance Manager and be a part of a strong global finance organisation and facilitate the growth in one of the world’s most interesting Logistics & Services Organisation.
We have flexible working arrangement and we strive to create the right conditions and environment for both personal and professional development.
Within Maersk, we seek to create an inclusive and diverse workplace, where different perspectives, thinking and skills are valued, and people are supported to achieve their potential.
– Business partnering and supporting with analytics and insights on cost, cost optimization and overall profitability of the L&S businesses.
– Support in preparation of material for OS calls (Region, Global)
– Local Performance management of KPI and leading measures and KPIs (including GP/ Volume and operational efficiencies measures e.g SGA/FTE , GP/FTE, Files /FTE
– Participate in preparation of business cases in cross functional collaboration with other business partners and functional managers
– Provide weekly and monthly MOS input as required for business and various KPI across organisation
– Assist in the development of strategic directions/decision making within Eastern Africa Area Operations development and achieving goals and objectives. Assist all operational groups with strategic presentations and facilitate these to top management.
– Ensure data quality is correct for all L&S products through monthly baseline adjustments and provide explanations for deviation between actual vs Target
– Participate in global BI data projects by articulating gaps and improvements in existing financial reporting systems / tools.
– Ensure the forecasts are created based on accurate and correct assumptions and always reflect the best estimate for a true future picture for revenue and cost and ensure that the key ratios are aligned such as GP/ Unit, Revenue/ Unit Cost/Unit
– For monthly and Year-End (Book Close), make sure that all expenses as well as income are properly accrued for month, YTD, year end and previous years. Ensure that actual figures reflect true financial status of all Business Units.
– Perform detailed analysis and provide management reporting based on this analysis. Ensure that analysis is correct and timely.
– Ensure that all financial and operational systems are being kept fully operational and updated at all times. Upload weekly declarations and monthly L&S volumes into Load now.
– Ensure that best practices are identified throughout the organization. Ensure that these practices are communicated and implemented where applicable.
– Provide analysis, risks and opportunities to the business
We are looking for
– Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Economics/ACCA/CFA/CA
– CPA Qualification and membership to a Professional Body
– Minimum 5 years work experience in financial reporting and analysis.
– Solid understanding of Business an accounting Processes including SAP, Business Warehouse (BW) and Budgeting (BPS). including Profit & Loss for company and at customer level.
– Knowledge of Internal Maersk systems including LCube, Inland engine, Kwill and all other inter dependent system is preferred
– Extensive experience in participating in cross-functional teams working on technical and operational projects desired.
– Demonstrate business knowledge
– An excellent command of spoken and written English
– Able to exert impact without authority
– Possess a strong understanding of the cost drivers within logistics industry
– Ambition and drive to excel together with others.
– Alignment with our values
– An international mind-set and inclusive behaviour.
– You are a self-starter with a strong driving force, striving for continuous improvement and wanting to solve problems even if finding answers are not easy.
– You are a team player with ability to engage with and influence, guide and challenge multiple stakeholders.
– You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong integrity and collaboration mindset that goes well with people at all levels in a global organization.
– You are highly skilled in Excel and PowerPoint, while experience from BI and SAP systems is a plus.
– As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams.
Last application date: 4/10/2021