Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture based in Nairobi, Kenya. We undertake three exciting lines of work:
- We provide safe, sustainable sanitation services to residents living in urban informal settlements of Nairobi and Kisumu using end-to-end non-sewered sanitation solutions. Watch here!
- We implement a circular economy model to sustainably manage sanitation and organic waste generated in cities. Using technologies developed in-house, we upcycle the waste into insect-based protein for animal feed, organic fertilizer, and biomass fuel. We operate the largest organics recycling plant in East Africa. Watch here!
- We partner with cities to develop and deliver safe sanitation and waste management for urban residents. Using a systematic methodology, we match cities’ sanitation and waste management needs with technology and service delivery models, and then offer clear guidance on the steps that governments, funders, service providers and technology developers can take to develop and implement integrated service delivery systems.
Operational since 2011, Sanergy serves over 140,000 urban residents with safe sanitation services every day. Sanergy collects and treats over 12,000T of waste per year, and successfully sells its agricultural end-products to farmers in over 20 counties in Kenya, who see improved yields and increased incomes. At the same time, we have built a team of over 400 employees from diverse backgrounds who solve diverse problems, but all embody the drive, creativity, teamwork, and passion that make us achieve our goals. For our work, we have been recognized by the Gates Foundation as one of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals accelerator; by Fast Company as one of the 10 most innovative companies in the world doing social good and one of the 10 best companies in Africa, and the Food Planet Prize for our innovative circular economy approach.
About the role
The Financial Planning and Analysis Fellow will be responsible for supporting financial forecasting and helping managers decide how to make decisions using financial data in ways that will ensure the greatest return. The role holder will analyze revenue and expenses to ensure effective use of capital, advise managers and Team leads about project costs, and provide support in structuring deals to help the company grow.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide analytical support in budgeting & maintaining operational Efficiency across business units.
- Work with the analysis team and collaborate with managers to assist in creating efficient cost tracking processes
- Help to monitor departmental budgets.
- Identify and attribute sources of variances, and devise re-mediating strategies and accountability structures to bring the manager’s budget back in line with objectives. This includes building financial models to analyze trends in spending levels and collaborate with managers to identify cost optimization strategies.
- Provide support in ideation to create practices that optimize budget adherence. (procurement, approvals, planning, etc.).
- Assist in process redesign efforts – efficiency & accountability
- Analyze the current finance procedures and processes and assist in setting up more effective and efficient processes.
- Support Strategic/Analytical Ad Hoc projects as required.
- Assist in supporting the Financial Planning and analysis team and other managers on issues that intersect between finance and operations.
- Any other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- Degree in Finance, Economics or related field.
- Background in accounting, e.g. CPA, CFA or ACCA qualifications (in progress or completed).
- Demonstrable experience of between 0-1 years in Financial Analysis.
- Proficient in spreadsheets and MS Office applications.
- Outstanding presentation, reporting and communication skills.
- Well informed in current financial subjects, accounting, tax laws, financial markets and business environments.
- Demonstrable problem solving skills.
- Has great analytical skills.
- Ability to work with a team and pays attention to detail.
- Ability to be adaptable, flexible and change ready.
- Communication skills and an ability to learn
15th October 2021