Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Business Development Lead, Power Systems – East Africa
Who are we and what we stand for?
When you work for Schneider Electric you work for a company that is passionate about its people. Our people vision says, Great people make Schneider Electric a great company. We are proud to promote purpose, diversity, inclusion, learning and work-life integration – we’re a great place to work and we are continually striving to be the best place to work!
- Contribute technically to commercial roadmap and action plan (such as product qualification, prescription, specifications drafting …) toward assigned customers in order to profitably grow the Power and Energy systems/projects business in the key electro-Intensive Segments (Oil and Gas, MMM, Infrastructure, Utilities etc).
- Convert customers’ needs identified at early stage of the sales process into suitable solutions leveraging portfolio of Product; use her/his technology and product and solutions knowledge in energy management offers and leverage network of technical experts in other domains.
- Support the deployment of Energy/Power Systems commercial strategy and provide technical feedback to the Power Systems Business Unit on its offer positioning vs. local competition.
Scope & Environment
Energy Products and Solutions Application professional within an Energy Management Cluster providing business development and offer applications support, working with Sales Team, Tendering, and account managers in relevant ecosystems.
What you will do:
- Promote the unique Customer Value Propositions to influence customers/consultants with Energy Product offer by bringing up differentiating and innovative technical proposals, addressing business requirements, customer process constraints and technical challenges.
- Take an active part in qualifications activities of all Energy Products toward End-Users, Consultants, Specifiers, Regulators, direct customers… with the support of Energy Business marketing and technical teams.
- Establish close relationship with Customers’ technical team in order to prescribe best fitting products vs. requirements and influence its requests for quotation. Convert customer needs in technical proposals focusing on value creation Product’s features.
- Support technically influencing and specifying activities at early stages of business development & opportunity identification.
- Organize customer events, external technical events, fairs, technical demos and customer visits (in Schneider Electric’s facilities and/or other customers’ ones).
- Support Account Managers (V1) in opportunities analysis and qualifications vs. Power Systems offers (S0 gate review). Identify potential new business opportunities. Provide and master all necessary technical specifications.
- Review Request for Quotations (RFQ) providing sales team with clear technical synthesis of Energy Products or solutions competitive advantages. Provide technical quotations to sales team to reach sales targets.
- Communicate market feedback about trends, competitors and requirements to Power Systems Business Unit (BU) in order to make appropriate offer enhancements.
- Develop required technical and commercial argumentation documents. Provide answers to technical questions from customers in co-operation with technical experts of different Business Units (BUs).
- Work hand-in-hand with Account Managers (V1) and Field Sales (V2) sharing her/his technical expertise.
- At least 7 years Technical & commercial profile in Energy and Power Solutions environment with experience facing customers
- Relevant Engineering qualification.
- Experience working in the public sector/utility/infrastructure
- Prior experience in the Energy/Power Systems market share in targeted segments (Utilities,MMM, Infrastructure sector) i
- Knowledge of the East Africa market is Key
- English fluency is a must
- Another language will be valuable
- Schneider Electric believes in rewarding and recognizing employees who contribute to the success of the Company. Our rewards programs are designed for employees who are aligned to our strategy, engaged and successfully contributing to the organizational goals. These philosophies, as well as our desire to care for you and your family, form the basis of our Total Rewards offer.