Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Opportunity: Global Photo Editor
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral, and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi coordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania, and Djibouti.
Overall Responsibility: The Global Photo Editor plays a prominent role in ensuring the production of photographs destined for ICRC digital channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter), online and print media.
He/she supports Head Quarters, with an emphasis on sourcing and editing images for multiple projects.
Considerable experience and ability in managing and executing all aspects of photo production, enthusiasm for social media creation, and pitching photo packages to external media.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Use insightful judgment to search for, edit, and sequence photos for multiple platforms, considering the ICRC’s audience;
- Develop strategic photo-driven projects with the goal of pitching to media and other digital platforms;
- Scan the ICRC’s photo archives and annual production plans to ensure adequate geographic and thematic photo coverage;
- Commission photographers to document the ICRC’s work and impact of assistance on communities;
- Develop strategic partnerships and collaborations with media and social media influencers to share and cross-promote photo projects, together with the social media team;
- Collaborate with the global team to develop and implement new and interesting ways of storytelling through images & video;
- Oversee the validation process of photographs in cooperation with field and headquarters, ensuring accuracy, quality and integrity in accordance with ICRC visual guidelines;
- Identify and coordinate the work of external service providers, such as post-production editors, printers, graphic designers, video editors and writers;
- Manage photo-related administrative tasks: creating and editing captions for accuracy, basic contracting, invoicing, and licensing of images;
- Ensure a diverse, participatory and inclusive approach to how we talk about and represent affected people in visual materials, and all communications adhere to our ethical communications guidelines;
- Updates visual guidelines and consent processes as they evolve to industry standards.
Minimum Requirements and Competencies
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Journalism, Photojournalism or related field, or professional equivalent;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a photography-related field and a proven ability to build stories and edit for an array of platforms;
- Strong storytelling capabilities and editorial judgement, with an ability to link ICRC stories to relevant world news/events;
- Possesses a keen knowledge of current and emerging social media platforms, tools, and trends, as well as personal and/or professional experience actively using these platforms;
- Professional experience in Adobe Suite an advantage — proficient in Photoshop & Lightroom;
- Certificate of Good Conduct.
The interested candidates should fill up a form by clicking the link below on or before 01st October 2021 at 4:30 pm then submit their CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas, Degree etc), and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Nairobi Delegation, HR Department via the email address provided below:
– Application Link
– E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The reference Global Photo Editor must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not fill out the required information as per the link provided or clearly state the position for which you are applying and attach the required certificates & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants must have the permanent right to work in Kenya.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process.
May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.
ICRC is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
In processing your personal data for recruitment purposes, we follow the information notice as explained HERE.