Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Karen Hospital is a 102bed multispecialty Hospital in Kenya located in Karen along Karen –Langata Road.
We offer patient focused, world class medical treatment and accord the highest standards of medical care to all our patients.
With our State of the art amenities, equipment and our well trained staff, we are committed to delivering the most effective and most compassionate care to all our patients.
Since inception in 2006, The Karen Hospital has been acclaimed for excellence in clinical care in Africa and beyond. The Karen Hospital is proud to be ISO 9001:2015 certified for compliance with Quality Management Systems and is committed to continuous improvement in service delivery.
We are seeking to recruit a highly motivated visionary and results oriented candidate to fill in the below positions:
- Ensure compliance with professional and legal practice and standard operating procedures
- Fill prescriptions for inpatients and outpatients
- Attend ward rounds and participate in multidisciplinary patient care.
- Conduct drug utilization reviews and engage in clinical and operational research.
- Undertaking clinical checks on all treatment sheets and prescriptions for suitability of treatment.
- Monitor drug therapy and carry out clinical pharmacy interventions for both in patients and outpatients in liaison with the patient care team.
- Reporting, Monitoring and analysis of medication errors, adverse drug reactions and other quality and patient safety indicators.
- Carry out medication use counselling and adherence monitoring for patients on chronic treatment.
- Ensure institutional compliance with antibiotic stewardship guidelines restrictions
- Undertake medication reconciliation during patient admission and discharge.
- Participate and supervise staff in sterile compounding, chemotherapy reconstitution and extemporaneous preparations.
- Provide information and education on drugs and medication therapy to patients, healthcare workers and other hospital personnel.
- To prepare articles on important medication related updates for publication in the hospital newsletter and patient education leaflets.
- Conduct continuous professional development sessions for pharmacy staff
- Master’s in clinical pharmacy
- Registration with the Pharmacy and Poisons Board with a valid annual practicing license.
- Experience of 1 – 2 years after postgraduate in clinical pharmacy.
- Mature, well organized, reliable and shows initiative.
- Good supervisory, interpersonal and communication skills.
- A team player with a problem-solving mind-set.
How to Apply
Send your detailed CV to us on email to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference number.
Deadline for submission is 30th September 2021.
Due to the large number of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.