Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Each member of our team was drawn to this mission and emboldened by a vision of global health equity. Our diversity of skills and experiences helps us tackle complex challenges – we look forward to hearing from you and exploring ways to work together.
- Maintenance of books of accounts covering processing of payments, preparation and maintenance of cash books, bank reconciliations (KES, USD), JEs and managing the financial filing system.
- Monthly reconciliation of Balance Sheet accounts (Teammate ledgers, Payroll accounts and other accounts).
- Maintain relations and correspondence with the bank. – Negotiating the best forex rates in relation to the CBK prevailing rate and speculation.
- Reconcile, close monthly accounts and help with facilitation of external audits.
- Maintain up to date fixed asset register and post quarterly depreciation schedules.
- Perform Admin and office support functions in the absence of the Admin.
- Maintain and update finance documents, shared logins and passwords.
- Update prepayments amortization schedules (WIBA, Health Insurance, etc) and allocate costs to the respective projects.
- Setting up new teammates on Payslip Maker, expensify, S2B and ClickTime.
- Reconciling, updating and sharing teammates ledger accounts and settlement of dues on a monthly basis.
- Monitoring monthly ClickTime reports to ensure time allocation reports are available on time to facilitate payroll allocation.
- Onboarding and training team on finance areas like expensify and ClickTime.
- Monitor Regional Admin, PD & Project budgets (forecasts, liquidity, variances).
- Responding to financial inquiries to FM, PMs, LA and other stakeholders by gathering, analyzing, summarizing, interpreting and reporting data.
- Process project financial facilitation requests – review requisitions against budget and process payments/teammates advances.
- Follow up with project teams for project expense reports, review, forward for approval and book costs to Sage.
- Prepare partner invoices/financial reports in line with contractual requirements and update invoice tracking report on Salesforce to track monthly receivables ageing report.
- Monitor receivable ageing report and follow up on overdue invoices.
- Payroll preparation and administration of employee benefits. (Including local contractor’s payments).
- Deductions and filing of statutory returns accordingly- PAYE, NHIF, NSSF, WHT, VAT, NITA, HELB, SACCO and Pensions.
- Updating the Master payroll and reconciliation of Payroll accounts on a monthly basis.
- Sharing of WHT Certificates to contractors, P9 forms and payslips to employees.
- Procurement process – verify PRs, POs and invoices to ensure all costs and commitments are properly allocated. Ensure procurement processes comply with established procedures.
- Management of vendor accounts, including pre-qualification with Finance & Admin Manager, service agreement management, project related PO approval, invoice and payment processing.
- Develop a sound understanding of the Core IT systems being used for managing day-to-day operations. Ensure timely updating of client and operational data.
- Participate in updating financial policies & processes and their consistent application.
- Ensuring payment and filing of statutory information before the due dates.
- Support with statutories documentation and aid with Annual Financial Audits.
- Maintain a complete Partner contract filing system for signed contractual agreements.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- CPA Finalist, Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/BA/Bcom
- Experienced in handling all aspects of finance and accounting with a 3-5 years professional experience
- Deep knowledge of Sage Intacct
- Excellent communication skills (writing and speaking) in English. Must be able to express thoughts and opinions clearly and concisely
- Proven ability to work independently
- Must be flexible with working hours to communicate with USA office
- Commitment to Medic values
- Kenyan/Valid Kenyan work permit
- Ability to create and see real impact in your work
- Freedom to take initiative and innovate, bonus of an agile, small team
- Work for a globally awarded social enterprise recognized for developing a solution that can create global systems change in the health sector
- Work with a value and mission driven team that is consistently described as warm, incredibly kind and supportive
- Exposure to a diverse team: over 15 different nationalities
- Opportunities for global travel: all team meet-up + functional team meet-up + field visits
- Generous leave time: vacation, maternity/paternity, bereavement, & sick days
- Professional development funds & opportunities + 5 days off for prof dev
- Workspace and communication stipends
- Flexible, remote schedules