Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Technical Director, PMI Insights Project, Malaria and Neglected Tropical Diseases
*Please include a cover letter with your resume describing your interest in the position and how you meet the qualifications.
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
The Malaria and Neglected Tropical Diseases (MNTD) program is a leader in the effort to end malaria illnesses and deaths, refines and develops tools and approaches, invests in national programs, and builds data to empower national governments to pursue malaria elimination. PATH leads a consortium of academic and research institutions to implement the PMI Insights Project, which partners with PMI-supported countries to ensure the most effective and efficient use of resources to fight malaria and save lives. Key components of the project are to: 1) support country-led operational research (OR) and program evaluation (PE) to identify best practices for control and elimination and inform strategies to achieve and maintain high levels of intervention coverage; 2) facilitate a consultative process to identify the most pressing country-driven gaps in malaria control and elimination policy, strategy, and implementation guidance and define a priority OR and PE agenda to address and close the gaps; and 3) support the dissemination of OR and PE results in a clear and actionable way, to facilitate use of the latest evidence by national malaria programs and policymakers to improve malaria programming.
PATH seeks to recruit a Technical Director for the PMI Insights Project. Reporting to the Project Director, the Technical Director will work closely with National Malaria Programs, endemic-country research and academic institutions, PMI technical teams, consortium partners, and other USAID partners to support the development, implementation, and coordination of OR and PE conducted in PMI-focus countries. All activities will necessitate working effectively with multiple partners to ensure strong collaboration and communication, timely and high-quality results from research activities, and effective support for utilization of research findings to shape malaria guidelines, strategies, and policies. The Technical Director will also contribute to wider departmental initiatives by providing technical assistance and scientific leadership.
PMI Insights (approximately 80%):
- Provide scientific leadership for the design of relevant and high-quality malaria OR and PE studies
- Lead/co-lead the development of research concept notes and protocols with co-investigators from endemic-country institutions and other consortium partners
- Cultivate strong partnerships with a wide range of technical and program partners including:
- Research and academic institutions, including but not limited to endemic-country institutions and consortium partners
- National Malaria Program staff
- Technical teams and working groups within the Roll Back Malaria Partnership, the World Health Organization Global Malaria Program, and funding institutions including USAID/PMI, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and the Global Fund
- Represent the project in scientific fora; develop and deliver technical talks and presentations
- Lead/co-lead the development of scientific publications and presentations
- Mentor early career technical staff
- Provide guidance and support to project work in the areas of stakeholder consultation and synthesis of OR and PE priorities across endemic country stakeholders, funders, and WHO
- Provide guidance and support to project work towards ensuring utilization of project research findings to guide national and global program guidelines, technical strategies, and policies
MNTD Department (approximately 20%):
- Cultivate strong partnerships with a wide range of technical and program partners
- Provide technical assistance for malaria research and program design
- Contribute to strategic planning
- Doctorate in a related discipline (medicine, public health, epidemiology, infectious disease, or a related area) required
- At least 10 years of experience developing and implementing OR and PE activities required, including several years of experience working on malaria OR and PE in PMI-focus countries
- Demonstrated expertise in malaria OR and PE implementation including study design, epidemiology, data analysis, statistics, and project management required
- Demonstrated knowledge of ethical and technical review processes required
- Experience coordinating with local institutions and other in-country partners including National Malaria Programs required
- Demonstrated professional experiences interacting with U.S. Government agencies and other malaria research donors/institutions required
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills; effective at cultivating strong working relationships with a wide range of technical partners and institutions; adept at working closely with others over geographical distance
- Demonstrated leadership in dissemination of research findings through peer-reviewed publications, research briefs, and presentations at technical meetings and/or scientific conferences
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Experience in public speaking and professional presentations
- Willingness and ability to travel estimated at 10% of the time
- Must have legal authorization to work in the PATH country office location
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Job Location: Multi-city, Kenya
Company Location: Worldwide – Any existing PATH Africa Office
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular