Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About the Job.
Achieving Zamara’s ambitious strategic priorities will be complex and challenging. Its continued success will be dependent on building and retaining a world-class team. The successful candidate will address internal hardware and software issues and help employees with IT related questions
You will not be alone as we have other top-class IT specialists. At Zamara, we are passionate about the client experience so if this aligns to how you view your work, you are well on your way to being part of us.
The role will report to Head of ICT
In more detail, the areas of responsibility include:
- Fully support, configure, maintain, and upgrade corporate network and in house servers
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency) and test for weaknesses
- Install and integrate new server hardware and applications
- Ensure network security and connectivity.
- Keep an eye out for needed updates.
- Support and administer third-party applications.
- Resolve problems reported by end user.
- Define network policies and procedures.
- Specify system requirements and design solutions.
- Oversee projects and make sure they are delivered within budget, time and quality.
- Research and make recommendations on local network connectivity including remote branch connectivity and administration
The following qualification is preferred:
- Degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems.
- Juniper, Cisco (CCNP, Wireless), OR CCSE certifications a plus.
- Proven experience in a network administrator role. At least 3 years’ experience working on a corporate network.
- Hands on experience in networking, routing and switching
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server and network infrastructure.
- Experience with firewalls, routers, Internet VPN’s, remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired.
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies
- Microsoft Office Skills.
- Good Listening Skills.
- Problem Solving Skills.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Interpersonal Skills.
The following personal qualities are preferred:
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise.
- Ability to organise, multitask, prioritise, and work under pressure.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to deliver on Customer Focus.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Well-groomed and presentable.
The role will be based in Nairobi, Kenya
How To Apply
If your career aspirations match this opportunity, share your CV via LinkedIn on or before 12:00pm, Wednesday, 29 September 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.