Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
ANIMAL HEALTH OFFICER – J/G CPSB 09 (V/NO: 19) (10 POSTS)
Duties and Responsibilities
• Overseeing construction and maintenances of farm structures;
• Giving advice on dip designing
• Siting and appraising construction
• Inspection and verification of imports and exports of consignments
• Training and advising on milking techniques and external parasite control techniques such as dipping, spraying and dusting
• Carry out vaccination, closed castration, dehorning, animal identification, deworming, disbudding, docking, debeaking and hoof trimming
• Carrying out simple treatment of Animals
• Participating in disease search, collecting and collating data and writing technical reports
• Keeping records on animal breeding, animal health, milk production, dipping data, slaughter house daily kill, meat condemnation and movement permits
• Maintaining dairy units
• Participating in animal health field demonstrations and agricultural shows
• Undertaking equipment sterilization, sample collection, packaging and dispatch
• Inspecting livestock stock routes
• Rearing experimental animals
• Issuing of livestock movements permits
• Undertaking artificial insemination, meat inspection and grading
• Enforcing slaughterhouse hygiene, meat transport regulations and inspection of retail outlets of foods of animal origin
Requirements and Competencies for Appointment
• Have a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: – Animal Health Management, Animal Production and Health Management, Environmental Health Sciences, Livestock Economics or Health Extension from a recognized institution
• Be registered by the Kenya Veterinary Board
• Have a Certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
How To Apply
1. Applications can only be submitted online on or before 15th October, 2021 through Bomet County Public Service Board recruitment portal, http://www.cpsbbomet.net. Manual applications will not be accepted. Bomet County residents will be required to indicate their Sub–County and Ward of origin.
2. Clearance documents for purposes of complying with the provisions of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 will be required for those shortlisted and MUST submit Copies of the following clearances during the interview:
• Kenya Revenue Authority;
• Higher Education Loans Board;
• Ethics and Anti–Corruption Commission;
• Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct);
• Credit Reference Bureau (CRB); and
• For those with higher education certificates (degrees) from outside Kenya, a letter of recognition of qualifications from the Commission for University Education.
3. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Bomet County Public Service Board does not charge ANY FEE at any stage of the recruitment.
Our official email is firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The Secretary /C.E.O
Public Service Board
P.O Box 605–20400
‘’The County Government of Bomet is an equal opportunity employer. Women and Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification’’.