Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral, and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The Security and Safety Supervisor advises the Logistics Support Centre (LSC) on security risk assessment and associated mitigating measures while ensuring proper diffusion and access to information related to security in line with Duty of Care obligations
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyzes and evaluates security operations to identify risks or opportunities for improvement (e.g. implementation of new technology) and designs Excel sheet/monitoring tools to that effect;
- Communicates security status, updates, and proposes a list of recommendations on security gaps or improvements and follow-up periodically with relevant departments on corrective measures;
- Monitors the effective functioning of access control mechanisms and provides feedback on possible improvements;
- Assists in all traffic incidents – liaison with police, prepares an incident report and assesses responsibility be the training focal person in Logistics support Centre (LSC), help raise staff awareness on context-specific security and safety issues through awareness;
- Monitors the functionalities and effectiveness of security services provided by security companies with complete transparency and professionalism, in consultation with the Administration and ICT departments, and recommends changes where required;
- Ensures the serviceability of electronic security surveillance appliances, firefighting equipment, electrical fences, and alarm systems through regular controls and testing;
- Documents/elaborate reports on security-related events within his/her remit, and shares them with Finance & Administration Manager or makes presentations on internal investigations, losses, or violations of regulations, policies and procedures;
- Ensures that staff are trained on fire safety and are aware of what to do in the event of a fire. Conduct training sessions and runs drills so that employees are trained in how to respond in emergency and crisis situations;
- Recruits, trains, supervises, and manages security& safety officers;
- Coordinates staff when responding to emergencies and alarms.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
- University degree in Criminology/Security Management or related studies;
- Experience with Military or National Police Services (minimum rank of Corporal and 5 years’ experience) OR;
- Five years’ work experience in a similar function from recognized organizations with excellent references;
- Excellent knowledge of security protocols and procedures;
- Staff management experience and skills;
- Honest, high sense of integrity and of confidentiality;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal sensitively and effectively with difficult issues/situations;
- Excellent investigation, report writing, and communication skills;
- Valid Driving license with a minimum of five years’ experience;
- Certificate of good conduct;
- Must be a Kenyan Citizen.
The interested candidates should submit their applications on or before 01st October 2021 at 4:30 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas etc), and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Logistics Support Centre, HR Department via:
– E-mail: email@example.com
The reference Security & Safety Supervisor must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required Degree & other supporting documents, your application will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. If the candidate is asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.
ICRC is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.